Announcement 9/11 Map Discussion [7 PM BST / 19:00 GMT+1]

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More details

• 9/11 Map Discussion [7 PM BST / 19:00 GMT+1]

So, for those of you that don't know, I'm about two thirds of my way through a new 9/11 map for NRP. The idea we agreed upon was that this would be used at an official event on NRP on the 11th of September, and may possibly become a RP of its own after that.

Here are the latest screenshots of the map:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756960558
      steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756960542
      steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756960526
      steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756960504
      steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756960488

The map will feature two fully enterable towers, each with multiple floors and destructible walls/floors inside it. The North Tower will feature a plane that has crashed towards its top - this hasn't been added yet. You can jump between the towers at multiple levels. The map will hopefully be ready within a day or two. I need to add more detail to the interiors, add the crashed plane (and the fire/smoke), and make both towers about 10-15m taller, so that the ratio of the base to the sides is closer to the real thing.

Suggested Roleplay:

Team 1: Police/CT team (United Kingdom)

Spawn outside towers. Have to kill the entire terrorist team in order to win.

Team 2: Terrorists (Russia)

Spawn at the top of the North Tower (WTC1). Have to reach the ground floor of either tower and then set and detonate explosives there.

The suggested ratio would be 2 terrorists to 3 police, and it can be adjusted further. Teams will have to be swapped over every 3-4 rounds.

Scandypandy wrote:

That moment when Wash's mammy learns to play Warband, quits her job to rack up the hours on Jailbreak, applies for admin, gets promoted to HA just to logban Wash from Jailbreak so he can get his fucking life together
    • Holy shit this is brilliant.
      How to troll Washington - Starter Pack:
      Show Spoiler

Step 1 - Set a non-Steam game to the title "Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Beta".
      Step 2 - Launch this "game".
      Step 3 - Get spammed by Washington to receive the following:

17:43 - Washington: WOAH WHAT
      17:43 - Washington: BANNERLORD
      17:43 - Washington: EXPLAIN
      17:43 - OhMyEnglishTeaBags: the Steam spam is real
      17:44 - Washington: the betas out on steam???!!!!
      17:44 - OhMyEnglishTeaBags: 'murican can't read
      17:44 - Washington: or did u get a giveaway from steam group?
      17:44 - OhMyEnglishTeaBags: M8 the game is out tommorow. Did u not hear?
      17:45 - Washington: rtqwetrwet3q45
      17:45 - Washington: 11
      17:45 - Washington: ehh i dont have any money!!

Step 4 - Receive a message from Imposter Drunk which says the following:

17:46 - Impostor: congratulations
      17:46 - Impostor: you trolled washington
      17:46 - OhMyEnglishTeaBags: ik
      17:46 - OhMyEnglishTeaBags:
      17:43 - Washington: WOAH WHAT
      17:43 - Washington: BANNERLORD
      17:43 - Washington: EXPLAIN
      17:43 - OhMyEnglishTeaBags: the Steam spam is real
      17:44 - Washington: the betas out on steam???!!!!
      17:44 - OhMyEnglishTeaBags: 'murican can't read
      17:44 - Washington: or did u get a giveaway from steam group?
      17:44 - OhMyEnglishTeaBags: M8 the game is out tommorow. Did u not hear?
      17:45 - Washington: rtqwetrwet3q45
      17:45 - Washington: 11
      17:45 - Washington: ehh i dont have any money!!
      17:47 - OhMyEnglishTeaBags: U told him it was fake?
      17:47 - OhMyEnglishTeaBags: Or not yet
      17:47 - Impostor:
      Washington: MATE
      Washington: teabags is playing bannerlord
      Washington: the beta is out
      Washington: my god
      Washington: game comes out tommorow
      17:47 - Impostor: i did
      17:47 - OhMyEnglishTeaBags: HAHAHA
      17:47 - Impostor: he dont believe me
      17:47 - OhMyEnglishTeaBags: He is one gullible nub
      17:47 - Impostor:
      Impostor: no he is not...
      Washington: mate
      Washington: he is on da beta
      Washington: game comes out tommorow
      Impostor: he´s only having internet explorer open
      Impostor: or something like that
      Impostor: so stfu
      Washington: mate his steam saus
      Washington: says*
      Washington: mount and blade bannerlord beta
      Impostor: you can do the same
      Washington: nah
      17:48 - OhMyEnglishTeaBags: lol
      17:48 - Impostor: he´s quite retarded
      17:48 - OhMyEnglishTeaBags: ik

Step 5 - Rename this "game" to "Washington - You just got trolled!".

That moment when someone gets banned:
    • Team one UK, Team 2 Prussia (because Germany is nu-ISIS)
      Defenders can be just about anywhere in the building except the top floor.

Team 2 sappers have to enter building and plant TNT on each floor and detonate it to win.

When each floor has been detonated, terrorists win.
      If time runs out and TNT isn't detonated, NYPD wins.

Because, you know. Boat fuel can't melt steel beams.

literalretard wrote:

Delete this please.

KL4R1NO the Politically Correct wrote:

@Scandypandy, I heard that McKinsey is out recruiting its next batch of management consultants. With the way you turned NRP around, you might be in for a decent shot.
    • Ewoksson wrote:

There might be a problem if the terrorists/attackers enter the building from below as Sappers / Foot Guard since they will most likely blow up any possibilities to reach the top floor. That's why the easiest option would be for the terrorists to spawn inside the building / at the top and work their way down into the underground parking and detonate explosives on each floor.

They could alternatively use planes/boats to reach the towers upper section with defenders already inside, but planes may be abused / trolled and half of the attackers might get killed due to that before even reaching the towers, it's at least realistic.

It would also be possible to have the defenders spawn inside the buildings and the attackers spawn in planes/boats and from the entrance if we use Artillery pieces on each floor as a victory condition for the terrorists instead of using Sappers / Foot Guard for more controlled explosions. It would also avoid having a stalemate where the defenders and attackers are unable to reach each others due to the floors between them has been destroyed.
      Very good points. I thought about spawning the attackers at the top and the police at the bottom so that the attackers don't have the incentive to blow up floors between them and the police. Even though, to be honest, I don't see many of them being very careful with how they use their explosives.

I should point out that both towers are enterable and that it is possible to jump between them. This means that, even if two or three floors are completely destroyed (the stairs will obviously be intact), the team that wants to attack can simply jump across, climb on the second tower, and engage from there.

The best objective for the terrorists that has been suggested to me is to have them spawn at the top and have to move down to the lobby and place explosives there. This forces them to use both towers wisely, and to not blindly destroy anything in their path.

BazookaDeLuca wrote:

We could make it sort of like Counter-Strike, where the Terrorists come up from the top and jump down from the plane, and plant the explosives, then the NYPD team has to stop them before it is blown.
      I would like that, even though the designated bomb location would have to be somewhere in the middle of the tower. However, if the rule is that they just have to plant any old TNT crate at the bottom of the towers, then that could work, as they would have to fight through most of the police team to get there.

Scandypandy wrote:

That moment when Wash's mammy learns to play Warband, quits her job to rack up the hours on Jailbreak, applies for admin, gets promoted to HA just to logban Wash from Jailbreak so he can get his fucking life together
    • This is absolutely quite retarded, and i like it, Terrorists should be sappers, and their goal is to plant explosives at the end of the tower(s) and blow them up, NYPD should stop them. ratio can be 1:2 or 2:3 (if pew remembers to add 2:3 ratio), (terrorists being more).

spawns: NYPD = on top of tower
      Terrorists = at the base.

right now i have to shit so hard that i cant think anymore, talk to you tomorrow about it. kbye.
    • Shockwave wrote:

And if youre going for realism and logic, do me a favor and dont, as long as there are no planes or allahu akbars, than NYPD being at the top is just a drop in the cumbucket.
      This literally makes no sense.

Anyway, the most logical explanation is to have the terrorists spawn at the nearest point to their crashed plane (and yes, there will be an airplane in Tower 1), which is near the top of the building. This is not a siege map.

Police will either spawn inside one of the towers' lobbies or outside the towers.

Scandypandy wrote:

• KL4R1NO wrote:

Shockwave wrote:

And if youre going for realism and logic, do me a favor and dont, as long as there are no planes or allahu akbars, than NYPD being at the top is just a drop in the cumbucket.
      This literally makes no sense.
      Anyway, the most logical explanation is to have the terrorists spawn at the nearest point to their crashed plane (and yes, there will be an airplane in Tower 1), which is near the top of the building. This is not a siege map.

Police will either spawn inside one of the towers' lobbies or outside the towers.
      Yeah, Klar makes more sense

+ it would feel more realistic for max PTSD triggering
      Put me out pls
    • Ok, you can officially turn up the hype-o-meter - the first version of the map is nearly finished :)

Screenshots will follow tomorrow

Scandypandy wrote: