The Official "Why Was This Admin Removed?" Thread

• The Official "Why Was This Admin Removed?" Thread

I was hoping that such a thread would never be proven to be necessary, but, given the circumstances, it's good to have one just in case so that admins know what's up when an admin has been removed.

Muh_Dick wrote:

KL4R is like Santa Claus, nobody knows exactly who he is or where he comes from but he shows up once a year and gives us kids presents, then vanishes into the night.
  • Lepape & Ruskie:

Both resigned from their positions a few hours between each other on the 15th.

I still don't fully understand their reasons (particularly Ruskie's), but it has to do with their belief that IAMTHENIGHT should not have been banned.

This is despite the explanation given here: IAMTHENIGHTs FINAL final warning. , which highlights the fact that this guy was a known troll who had been permabanned twice and warned many times about his behaviour. He had used up all of his last chances, and lepape's only defence for him was that he could commit suicide (unlikely), or that we wouldn't do this for someone else (also untrue - read what the rules say about dealing with people who repeatedly break server rules).

While I appreciate the fact that both of them contributed to the server to varying degrees, I cannot tolerate the petulance and pettiness that they showed in creating a fuss over one of the most clear-cut bans in the history of JB. This stands particularly for Lepape, who had the nerve to call me a heartless slave - not an untrue description, but definitely not a polite one either.

They will thus be banned from both the site and the server for the following days until their admin rights are revoked, both as a punishment and as a precautionary measure. Lepape's ban will be extended well into next week due to the fact that he has now joined forces with a known troll, spammed me and other admins on Steam and this website, and spread lies about what happened between me and him to players and certain admins.

Muh_Dick wrote:

KL4R is like Santa Claus, nobody knows exactly who he is or where he comes from but he shows up once a year and gives us kids presents, then vanishes into the night.
  • Corinthian:

Corinthian has been removed due to poor admin decision making and borderline abuse. He has failed to act as a warden to the standards we expect- a couple of admins report seeing the server in "chaos, with him freezing and teleporting players" when they joined while he was admining, and he has received three complaints about his orders and punishments in one day. This gives us no other option but to suspend his adminship and all the rights that come with it until further notice.

My message to Corinthian:

KL4R1NO #notalltrucks: Based on the logs that Neon dug up in this complaint here: Wandering_Ronin - Admin Complaint - Submitted 7/15/2016 [APPROVED] , I have no option but to remove you from admin for the time being
    KL4R1NO #notalltrucks: I think that the players were acting like cunts at the time, but that you gave them a lot of reasons to complain and generally act like cunts, which made the situation worse.
    KL4R1NO #notalltrucks: I also think that the permaban of that guy after two warnings was excessive, as you did not necessarily know at the time, that he was the same guy who you had tempbanned in the past. He's going to stay banned for his past offences, but a permaban only* for the insults made against you today is excessive.

Edit: pastebin.com/0dQuhW8n

Muh_Dick wrote:

Post was edited 1 time, last by Nope ().

• The following admins were removed during the admin purge, either by their own agreement or because they were too inactive and did not bother to inform us as to whether they wished to stay or not.

Abraham Lincoln: 1198912
    Dwarf: 1410110 / 14034363
    Accy Daccy: 1154842
    Walrus: 793257
    MatterofLight (Matty): 638840
    SilverFlamingo
    Karch94: 835445
    Aidtrox/Fear: 522595
    Megalongdong/Jakeyboy: 1281360
    Colonel Bogey/ Ataphanes: 921335
    1stLI_Gren_Mad-Villager: 1289497
    Aleksasz96: 1216411
    KlopferI: 918685
    Pirate1029: 1159071
    Vile_Beggar: 1285212
    62nd_Cpl_Landon: 950339

Muh_Dick wrote: