The New Updates Suggestion Thread (1.173)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More details

• The New Updates Suggestion Thread (1.173)

NW has seen a huge update released today. The entire post about it can be found here: fsegames.eu/devblog28.html

I have narrowed down all the changes directly relating to Jailbreak. If any of you have any suggestions on changes on the official rules, gameplay or the extent of admin powers , discuss them here.

My personal opinion

• The new faction is going to be the "Confederation of the Rhine" or "Rheinbund" as it is called in the game. The "Rheinbund" was initially formed from 16 German states by Napoleon himself. After Napoleon defeated Prussia in 1806, 23 other German states joined the confederation. While the confederation mostly included minor states, some of the largest German states like Bavaria, Wurttemburg and Saxony were part of the confederation too. This provided Napoleon with a major strategic advantage and buffer zone between France and Prussia/Austria.

As such, the Rheinbund features an impressive selection of units in the game.
    I think it's common sense that this should be one of the new guard factions. They don't have any sailor-like classes though, and even if they had, there are no scripts for them, so for now I believe we should disallow them from the prisoner role.

• we decided to take a few steps more and also add new "Surgeon" classes to each faction. Above you can see three of the 6 new units we have added. They are equipped with small swords and bandages. These bandages can be used to heal friendly (or enemy, if you so choose) players. Additionally, if you play as surgeon, a symbol will be displayed over hurt players heads signaling that they need help. If you get damaged, a symbol will also appear over the nearest surgeon, so that you can quickly seek assistance to treat your wounds.
    The prison is a battlefield of attrition. At the early stages of the round prisoners try their best to deal damage to the guards without them getting hit, usually resorting to hit-and-run attacks. With the addition of the surgeon, these attacks will prove futile and the prisoners' only option will be a full scale revolt. There is a case to be made for lockign away the surgeon class, but I think this would simply limit the gameplay.

• Admins now also have the ability to revive dead players. Dead players can be revived up to 33 seconds after they were killed. This will make it easier to find someones name without sifting through every dead player. Reviving will respawn a player at the location they last died.
      Additionally admins can also spawn in players during the round. Players will be spawned at the team spawn point. Admins can now also enable the god mode on themself or other players (including non-admins). A player who is in god mode can not be killed and runs extremly fast. They can still be slayed via the admin tools.
    I request that we are allowed to revive dead players who got RDMed accidentally or not, only and only if we are sure it was a blatant, clear case of RDM. If this goes into effect we should maybe play down some of our punishments , similarly to JailSiege, where the prisoners are allowed to respawn. On the other hand, prisoners will be desperate to get revived every time they die, which might lead to greater ''RDM'' spam. For these cases, players who regualrly lie about getting RDMed ina period of more than 1-2 maps should imo be dealt as normal spammers and kicked (temped in severe cases) from the server, as they are actively distracting the admins from doing their job.
    • In the admin panel you can now turn on the "Groupfight mode". When this mode is active, people will spawn without pistols or carbines and without ammo. Infantry will spawn with melee only muskets. This will only affect players AFTER the option is turned on. Going together with that we added a setting called "competitive scoring". On map reset, scores don't get reset, when being teamkilled, it does not change the KD ratio.
    This can replace the usual " Charge or swap" response for guards who want to sit on a tower shooting with a rifle minutes after the mass riot.

• We also added the ability for admins to have custom polls.
    Aka no more /ratio 0 - "UK for JailSiege, RU for Jailbreak" Not only do we avoid the bias from the players being naturally drawn to the guards team but can also be a much more easy and simple way of measuring public opinion. Poll abuse should be counted as normal map-ban-kick poll abuse.

• For server modders we added a whole lot of new options; Custom buttons, custom chat, also custom usable scene props which you can make to be visible to clients.
    For the love of Blee, run wild with this

• A new white list system has been added for admins, server owners can add the CD Key Id's of your admins to your server console or server config file and they auto get admin upon joining the game server.
    This effectively prevents admins from going undercover. There should be a discussion on whether the freedom of joining as a player should stay on the individual or the HA.

Anyway, until we can get the server working again, everyone feel free to contribute. Every post can alter the way the server is run!

Turkish Power wrote:

Ban Dimitry plase he is racist he done bad things and said bed thinkks about my mum thank yuo plase
  • "We added teleporting door props for mappers to use"
    Whoa

"For a yet unfinished gamemode, we also added a few new props that make it possible to spawn in items. If a player interacts with them, they will pick up a randomly selected item from the boxes. As you can see below, it also works for cannons and horses."
    Noice

"Additionally we have remade almost ALL collision meshes in the game"
    RIP JAILRUN

"Added the ability for servers to define their own map names (in strings.txt) and it gets synced with players and admins."
    Can't wait for "Jew's burning massacre map (Day)"
  • If the server/maps aren't glitched beyond repair, basic Jailbreak could still be doable.

That being said, I think if you guys do get scripts fixed at all (even class enforcement) this update could actually give way to some top-tier gameplay mechanics for the more focused experience that JB is.

literalretard wrote:

Delete this please.

KL4R1NO the Politically Correct wrote:

@Scandypandy, I heard that McKinsey is out recruiting its next batch of management consultants. With the way you turned NRP around, you might be in for a decent shot.
  • Scandypandy wrote:

If the server/maps aren't glitched beyond repair, basic Jailbreak could still be doable.

That being said, I think if you guys do get scripts fixed at all (even class enforcement) this update could actually give way to some top-tier gameplay mechanics for the more focused experience that JB is.
    Exactly why I made this thread. It's like this update was made just for this server with the player reviving and what not. If Bjorn can hook us up with a good scripter the amount of changes and additions we can do is staggering.

Lady_named_James wrote:

"Added the ability for servers to define their own map names (in strings.txt) and it gets synced with players and admins."
    Can't wait for "Jew's burning massacre map (Day)"
    Oh, the memes that are going to come with this...

Turkish Power wrote:

Ban Dimitry plase he is racist he done bad things and said bed thinkks about my mum thank yuo plase
  • Admins now also have the ability to revive dead players. Dead players can be revived up to 33 seconds after they were killed. This will make it easier to find someones name without sifting through every dead player. Reviving will respawn a player at the location they last died.
    Additionally admins can also spawn in players during the round.
    this is super useful

Players will be spawned at the team spawn point. Admins can now also enable the god mode on themself or other players (including non-admins). A player who is in god mode can not be killed and runs extremly fast. They can still be slayed via the admin tools.
    new gamemode?

• Vladmir_Putin wrote:

I just read some of the update news:
    "- A revive and respawn option was added for server admins."
    (͡o‿O͡)
    that's nothing

wouldn't you be more interested in

-speed boost for arty train

literalretard wrote:

Delete this please.

KL4R1NO the Politically Correct wrote:

@Scandypandy, I heard that McKinsey is out recruiting its next batch of management consultants. With the way you turned NRP around, you might be in for a decent shot.