The New Updates Suggestion Thread (1.173)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More details

• OhMyEnglishTeaBags wrote:

Vladmir_Putin wrote:

TrumpSuicideWatch wrote:

Vladmir_Putin wrote:

Scrooblord. wrote:

OhMyEnglishTeaBags wrote:

walp / Polska_Cebula wrote:

GoatLand wrote:

walp / Polska_Cebula wrote:

My suggestion is to logban Shalmeon and tell him that it is a server bug and cannot be fixed.
    isnt he already banned?
    Now he is lol.
    Why?
    see dodgy JA thread
    I hope I get VA soon so I can see all the shit you have posted about goatland
    Let's just say Goatland isn't the one that gets talked about much in the Dodgy JA thread. *wink*
    I'm not a JA anymore nigger
    Hey faggot get back in your corner. You can come out when you reach SA.
    Sorry dad
  • Netanyel wrote:

Dimitry wrote:

Admins now also have the ability to revive dead players. Dead players can be revived up to 33 seconds after they were killed. This will make it easier to find someones name without sifting through every dead player. Reviving will respawn a player at the location they last died.

Dimitry wrote:

request that we are allowed to revive dead players who got RDMed accidentally or not, only and only if we are sure it was a blatant, clear case of RDM.
    Honestly, I like all of your suggestions except for this one.

Dimitry wrote:

The prison is a battlefield of attrition.on
    As you wrote earlier JB is a game of attrition. The whole point of having life is what makes the game thrilling to our player base. Every guard knows that it only takes one wrong step to doom them to the infamous rape circle. Ever prisoner knows that any attempt to riot/escape may be last thing they do and they don't want it to be in vain. With this in mind it makes players, much, much, MUCH more cautious and a bit strategic as well. If prisoners were allowed to be revived after an RDM (Accidental or Not) it would take away the thrill factor and make it borderline impossible for the guards.

Barring a few exceptional player guards (Like Tom), most guards are average at best with PVP skills. If prisoners could be revived then all they need do is Bait a short-tempered guard into firing into the crowd at them. The guard misses and kills an innocent, said innocent gets revived, and the guard gets slain/swapped. BOOM! one less guard and prisoners are at the status quo. Now you have a scenario where none of the guards are willing to even take the chance at killing a rebellious prisoner due to the fact that they won't at least take one with em (RDM or not).

Now, I know you also argued for lowering or even removing guard punishments for RDM since the lives can be restored anyways, but I just don't think that really fits with the JB mode we've come to know and love. Of course that's just my opinion.
    I actually hadn't considered that. You are right that the prisoners can easily abuse that, and it removes completely the fear of getting killed, which is the only thing that prevents the prisoners from baiting.

Maybe we can use the revive mechanic to maintain the flow of gameplay on more obscure situations, where game balance isn't called into question.
    • For example if a player get shot in JailArena , and we revive him, the balance won't be affected, as we have complete control on all fights( e.g if we have 21 players and 3 guards we can simply do 3v5s+ till the guards die).
    • On the core JB mode and in JR if someone gets killed in win and gets revived, he wont be able to exit win to influence the outcome of the riot that is eventually going to happen.
    • Likewise, in JnS, if the VIP gets RDMed, reviving him would not have any effect on balance, as he cant hit or fight anyone. More than anything, it gets us out of the trouble of finding a new VIP who wont instantly kill you once he get's TPed.
    • Lastly, it could help correct admin mistakes. The admin pannel is a pain to go through and every time you try to slay the 567th Jew_Shekelmstein_Memoose_Ugandan_Knuckles there's a chance you will slay an innocent bystander instead. By reviving the ''aboozed'' player we can correct this mistake and lower salt levels (of course that doesn't mean admins should slay and revive players for the lols)

Also disregard the comment about Surgeons. Their heal rate is very slow so even if they have infinite healing, it wouldn't make a difference in the heat of battle. It was high time we buffed the guards anyway.

As for God Mode can we implement it on Hunger Games (should Scroob ever decide to revive them)? It will prevent situations like admin nades falling to the floor when a sniper snipes an admin.
    Memorable Quotes

Turkish Power wrote:

Ban Dimitry plase he is racist he done bad things and said bed thinkks about my mum thank yuo plase

• Dimitry wrote:

Lastly, it could help correct admin mistakes. The admin pannel is a pain to go through and every time you try to slay the 567th Jew_Shekelmstein_Memoose_Ugandan_Knuckles there's a chance you will slay an innocent bystander instead. By reviving the ''aboozed'' player we can correct this mistake and lower salt levels (of course that doesn't mean admins should slay and revive players for the lols)
    Only badmins make mistakes, dimitry, smh
  • Well, since you never played Jailbreak, i will try to post a short list of scripts we had:

-Script making 2nd team deal no damage until 2 minutes have passed.
    -Admin only command that could disable damage for either team, or enable damage for both teams.
    -Admin only command that could change the ratio of teams: (1:3, 2:5, 1:20, are the most important)
    -Script making Treasure chest prop spawn weapons (weapon type depending on chest's Var1)
    -Script containing a welcome message for our website's VIPs.
    -We had a script that made players GUID visible upon entry, but it's a default welcome message in a new update.
    However i am not sure if this default GUID shows in server logs, so there is a possibility we still need it.
    -Script making vodka bottles molotovs, this script is very common to see on other servers, so it should be posted on some forum.

idk if changing default messages such as kick/ban counts as scripting, but it would be nice to put our website inside ban message, so banned person could see where he can try for an unban.

I will edit it later if i missed something
  • Lady_named_James wrote:

Well, since you never played Jailbreak, i will try to post a short list of scripts we had:

idk if changing default messages such as kick/ban counts as scripting, but it would be nice to put our website inside ban message, so banned person could see where he can try for an unban.
    They can't be modified server side.

So whole admining was done via chat commands? Or there was some admin mod.
  • EmielRegis wrote:

Lady_named_James wrote:

Well, since you never played Jailbreak, i will try to post a short list of scripts we had:

They can't be modified server side.
    So whole admining was done via chat commands? Or there was some admin mod.
    Using default admin tools and occasionally chat commands.
    Lady also forgot to mention the chat message which appeared when someone opened/closed a gate ( [Player Name] has opened /closed the gate)

Here are the original threads about them :

New Scripts
    Admin Scripts [NOT NEW]
    Memorable Quotes

Turkish Power wrote:

Ban Dimitry plase he is racist he done bad things and said bed thinkks about my mum thank yuo plase