scandy is HA memethread as requested

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More details

• scandy is HA memethread as requested

I guess I have pretty much 0 reason to use this site since I've stopped playing on JB much and have become so busy with NRP stuff that I can't justify setting aside time to willing shitpost on these forums anymore, but for some bizarre reason I feel a sense of attachment to it due to the events over the past while. (I'm also somewhat ill and still limited mobility-wise so 2am sentimental postings seem logical)
      This feels very out of character for me, since usually prefer to be in a position in which I can poke fun at an existing situation rather than instigate one, and where I can support rather than lead. Regardless, as it stands I am currently the Head Admin of NRP for the forseeable future and it's safe to say that far down the road when I decide to step down that the next HA will be someone I have chosen and trained myself who also has the support of the team, as opposed to whoever is "next in line."

On the State of NRP

NRP Holdfast is mostly abandoned for now however I plan to host events there for the NRP community every time they release a big update/updates pile up enough to offer an event's worth of newish content.
      NRP NW is alive and well and I'd pin that mostly on the discord and Presidente; while I have trained and organised the team, he was the one who took the initiative to whitelist and give basic guidance to a number of dedicated regulars. He and his ragtag team of memesters started a pretty successful revival movement which caused the server to bump up from actual death to a level of 30-60 several times a week.
      When the staff became trained and I coaxed back some of our previous staff, NRP now hits 120+ daily and 150-200 around weekends without fail. It's somewhat indistinguishable from the NRP of last year, in fact.

It is on this note that I'd like to take a very rare moment of self-indulgence and smugness in regards to people who believed that NRP died due to its inherent faults as a server, as opposed to simply issues with how it was run. (however all non-retards already knew this to be true, and just had a bit of banter alongside the rest of us as certain people tried to give a detailed critique of a server they know very little about.)

Of course no hard feelings to either of you, you were just the first two examples I could find. There isn't really anyone on this site who I have any negative feelings for, I just wanted to point out to any onlookers that well-designed servers and gameplay will always be able to draw in players, but on the flip side no amount of excellent planning or setup can counter inept management or lack of dedicated shitmins.

The other main issue NRP had was the topic of ownership; for several months it was hosted not by the 59th but by Presidente himself. This caused a bit of confusion and even some hostility, but it's safe to say that honestly without this happening there wouldn't have been an NRP to revive in the first place. I want to personally put down any and all accusations against Presidente of "stealing" anything because he has done more for NRP in the past year than I'd say just about any other member of staff has in that time. Being the filthy anglo who originally trained me I've fallen out with him over many things on NRP but honestly there are very few occasions when looking back I can say I was actually right in disagreeing with him.
      The likely outcome is that NRP will be transferred back to 59th ownership.
      This is because the main things stopping us from wanting them to host it have pretty much entirely been resolved through a calm and relatively quick chat with the right people. What months of angry shitposting and bickering on forums, servers and discords couldn't do was done instead by a total of TWO conversations on teamspeak.

Naturally someone might say "haha but what if you give the server back and they cuck you!!!" and I'd counter that with "they aren't going to take their server back just to let it die by getting rid of the only people keeping it alive."
      There have been pretty much 0 hostilities, 0 arguments with anyone who matters and generally things are fine.

One of the newest changes is the Community Staff. I've always looked at the NW Public servers and can see the many flaws with how they manage their servers, but also got some ideas about how to improve our own. We have admins who prefer to sit on the server and admin, and admins who prefer to interact with the community.
      Therefore, the "Community Staff" were an initially discord-based staff which originated from the "Discord Officers"; players who were very active got to help keep the discord tidy and were then reformed into an actual separate staff team. This staff now has powers to not only tidy up and moderate the discord, but also improve it.
      They also have other powers to really buff up the level of interaction between the players and the NRP Community functions, trying to avoid a gap between staff and players getting too wide.
      This staff will have it's own "Head Community Admin" and will operate with a degree of autonomy, and so far this is working wonderfully.

All in all, NRP as a server is just fine and as a community it's absolutely great.
      Well, it's pretty cancerous but oh boi is that cancer spreading.

On my bogtrotting ass being Head Admin

My time on NRP is massively limited in comparison to many people, and probably dwarfed by many of the people even here. I have only been part of the NRP staff for roughly a year and a half (my original application for admin was accepted by Ewok on the 27th of July, 2016) and yet now by some bizarre set of circumstances I'm put at the head of it.
      I was given HA by Papa Pew on a temporary basis as he had IRL shit to deal with, however over time this has evolved into a permanent position. I never really wanted to be Head Admin-as I said I prefer supporting to leading and honestly only ever asked for a "promotion" in order to be able to do log-work and accept admins, but a small part of me sort of saw it coming.
      My original application makes me laugh because of how relevant it is, I suppose.

Autism aside, it sort of encapsulates the sort of "literally who" faggot I was; I was never in regiments, I'd never staffed any server before, I'd just rocked up to one and decided that I reckoned some changes definitely needed to be made.
      Autism not aside, I can't believe that only a year ago I used to make myself talk like that in the hope of being taken seriously. If only I'd know what a bunch of babbling autists I was trying to impress <3

When I left NRP, it was due to the fact that I felt that regardless of the amount of effort that was put into the server it was always going to be heavily limited on how well it could do due to how it was run/the problems it had. I returned in the hope of helping with the move to Holdfast, and was met with being basically one of only 2 confirmed members of staff who would be working on it.
      During my time away from NRP I spent a lot of time on Jailbreak and that's where I found my enthusiasm for communities again. Seeing people get along and recognise one another, seeing the staff be a bunch of friends (citation needed) running a server instead of a bunch of bickering autists and generally seeing a community be a COMMUNITY instead of just a bulk delivery of raging retards inspired me in a weird way to start pouring my heart back into NRP.
      When Pew told me I was running things (even with shock being """"""""""co-HA""""""""" ) I kind of knew that it was a case of stick around and fix things or leave it be and let NRP fizzle out.
      Thankfully, autism prevailed and I chose the former.

Regardless, that's basically it.
      NRP will be run as Presidente and I plan, by Christmas I expect to have a relatively large and fully trained admin team who can keep the server running just fine and NRP can basically be considered "revived."
      This isn't a "goodbye" post because chances are I'll probably lurk on the site when I'm bored maybe, but seeing as the amount I use it is dropping and dropping and everyone needs a good self-absorbed memethread before they go inactive from anywhere, here's mine.

"but scandy, what the utter fuck was the point of this thread?"

A marker to state that NRP's slow movement away from the management clusterfuck that it once was is basically complete, as the admin team has been pretty much entirely purged and remade again, with a total clearance of the whitelist planned so that only those who Presidente and I have chosen based on their compatibility with the current requirements of staff will be able to actually admin the server.
      There will be no random people from forever ago showing up with admin powers out of nowhere, there will be no ironclad oldfags refusing to budge. Ex-staff are very welcome on the server but they are not retired ministers or abdicated kings, they're just fucking people playing a video game who aren't running the server anymore.

The various plans for NRP that I had and have will continue to go ahead and I believe that we have more than just a future, but an actually pretty okay one.
      I have met some pretty cool people through this meme of a forum and through NRP and I'm glad of that.

OBLIGATORY TL;DR FOR SCROOB-
      -MUH HA
      -MUH NRP > JB
      -MUH MEMTHRED
      -MUH POTATOES

Show Spoiler
      srs though most of you fags are pretty OK dudes and you can feel free to add me on steam if you want to shitpost in person or ever play shit or w/e I dunno I should be in bed

Much love
      -Scando

literalretard wrote:

Delete this please.

KL4R1NO the Politically Correct wrote:

@Scandypandy, I heard that McKinsey is out recruiting its next batch of management consultants. With the way you turned NRP around, you might be in for a decent shot.

Post was edited 4 times, last by rip ().

• im gay
      Show Spoiler
      <02:09:55> "Wegian": i kissed a gay guy btw
      <02:10:05> "Wegian": at new years eve
      <02:10:11> "Wegian": im straught tho
      <02:10:14> "Wegian": i think
      <02:10:22> "Wegian": he was good at kissing tho
      <02:10:33> "Wegian": better then most girls

22:21 - ✪ SCANDYPANDY ✪: I'm not really a sexual goy but when I was like
      22:21 - ✪ SCANDYPANDY ✪: uh
      22:21 - ✪ SCANDYPANDY ✪: fuck I dunno like 16 maybe
      22:21 - ✪ SCANDYPANDY ✪: on about 2 tabs of acid after pride
      22:21 - ✪ SCANDYPANDY ✪: at a house party
      22:21 - ✪ SCANDYPANDY ✪: his dick was tiny but it was okay I guess
      22:21 - ✪ SCANDYPANDY ✪: save ulster from sodomy
      22:21 - ✪ SCANDYPANDY ✪: funny story tho bc current gf
      22:21 - ✪ SCANDYPANDY ✪: beat him up once
      22:21 - ✪ SCANDYPANDY ✪: top meme
    • For my love <3 Scandypandy, a quick review on what happened during 2 last months on this forum:

-A huge wave of JB admins resigned due to work/school.

-All recent admin applicants are from eastern Europe, and their quality is mediocre at most (compared to previous admins, don't judge me)

-A good admin (CatherineTheGreat) reapplied after 4 months of inactivity, but was rejected due to no activity on server during previous week.

-To not look like a total dickhead, KL4R mercifully accepts next applicant, GoatLand, even though he had some problems with him before.

-As usual, i post some JB memes in meme thread.

-GoatLand starts his shitpostery by posting "I am gay" and "Let me fuck Pew Pew" on few threads.

-GoatLand fails his first and second test, but is passed by Bjorn's merciful heart of gold.

-I get drunk and post some really shitty memes, what really stirs up GoatLand to do the same, but 3 times as bad.(i felt ashamed afterwards and removed my images)

-As a Junior Admin, GoatLand cannot be stopped, he literally posts under everything anyone says, sometimes doubleposts and always messes up quotes (to be funny apparantly, i don't get it either)

-We come to the point where he literally posts links from 9gag to this forum to images he finds funny (totally unrelated to JB)

-Player named Pervert_Uncle creates a random thread named "eggs de this is shit" as a joke, and while everyone shitposted for fun and stopped, some couldn't get over it and shitpost to this day.

If this goes on i shall make a poll on how to punish GoatLand.
    • @Scandypandy, I heard that McKinsey is out recruiting its next batch of management consultants. With the way you turned NRP around, you might be in for a decent shot.

On a serious note, it's glad to see NRP being back where it belongs. Fuck HF, its melee, and the terrible community management by the devs.

Muh_Dick wrote:

KL4R is like Santa Claus, nobody knows exactly who he is or where he comes from but he shows up once a year and gives us kids presents, then vanishes into the night.
    • tl;dr

"I finally found the perfect word to describe Polska.
      "Unfuckwithable"
      - (adj.) when you are truly at peace and in touch with yourself, and nothing anyone says or does bothers you, and no negativity or drama can touch you.
      Polska 'the untriggerable". ~Netanyel aka blac jelly
    • walp / Polska_Cebula wrote:

tl;dr
      -I am Head Admin of NRP until I choose to step down, Pew's retirement is complete (minus his memethread which I'm going to bully him into making)
      -Nostalgia about a year ago when I first joined on the same principles which I use to staff today
      -NRP is a great and arguably the biggest+best public server NW has to offer in my honest opinion
      -As long as I'm in charge there will be no return to the clusterfuck of old management
      -No oldfag/veteran is safe if they're deemed to be more trouble (or potential trouble) than they're worth
      -Vive la nrp
      -Traps are gay (and we have several)
      -I love u all

literalretard wrote:

Delete this please.

KL4R1NO the Politically Correct wrote:

@Scandypandy, I heard that McKinsey is out recruiting its next batch of management consultants. With the way you turned NRP around, you might be in for a decent shot.
    • everyone says my way of running it was shit but in fairness it worked for 3 years and scandy's has only worked for 3 months so
      Show Spoiler

22:21 - ✪ SCANDYPANDY ✪: at a house party
      22:21 - ✪ SCANDYPANDY ✪: his dick was tiny but it was okay I guess
      22:21 - ✪ SCANDYPANDY ✪: save ulster from sodomy
      22:21 - ✪ SCANDYPANDY ✪: funny story tho bc current gf
      22:21 - ✪ SCANDYPANDY ✪: beat him up once
      22:21 - ✪ SCANDYPANDY ✪: top meme
    • literalretard wrote:

Pew Pew You're Dead wrote:

everyone says my way of running it was shit but in fairness it worked for 3 years and scandy's has only worked for 3 months so
      How about slapping a "sir" at the end of that, you are now addressing your superior
      i'll slap your ass
      Show Spoiler