♚ The 59th Jailbreak Server Admin Guide ♚

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More details

• ♚ The 59th Jailbreak Server Admin Guide ♚

The following guide contains all the relevant information, advice and rules that are necessary to admin the server.

Link: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=447089616 (please like and favourite it if you haven't done so already!)

This thread is reserved for all discussion surrounding the guide.

The Old OP
    Given that I'm now responsible for admin apps, I thought that it would be best to revamp our admin guide with all the new rules, ranks, and other info that is useful to both TAs and everyone else.

I've made most of the changes I could think of, but I need your help in proofreading it. Do you have any issues with the guide? Are there any sections that could be added to, shortened, or removed entirely? Do we need more images and less text/formatting? Please take a look through the guide and post your thoughts below.

Link: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=447089616

Sections to be added:
    - TA>JA promotion process
    - Some info on the server's management team
    - Info on the Veteran Logbanner rank

Scandypandy wrote:

That moment when Wash's mammy learns to play Warband, quits her job to rack up the hours on Jailbreak, applies for admin, gets promoted to HA just to logban Wash from Jailbreak so he can get his fucking life together
  • rules for players

- Punching and kicking guards or destructible items is not a punishable offence.
    Specify with or without weapon. Also destroy items that lead to win should be a punishable offence.

- All players are to listen to and follow the admins' orders. Their decision on a matter is final. If you have an issue with that decision, report it on the forum.
    Specify what should be reported. so we don't get bullshit reports. example: Drunken - Admin Complaint - 24/4/2017 [Rejected]
    Such as: Spawn admin weapons or Banning people wrongly

- No players or admins are allowed to use the chat in a way that disrupts the server. This includes spamming, trying to antagonise players, trying to mislead others into breaking the rules, and so on.
    should update this for our new rules on chat.

punishments

Accidental RDM: slay the guard the first time, and kick him the second time
    most of the time we slay the swap.

Deliberate RDM: Ask why the person killed (if you are unsure), if the kill is confirmed as an rdm then swap or tempban.
    Tempban for repeat offenders specify.

Mass RDM by a guard: instant permaban, a prior warning is encouraged but not required.
    3 kills minimum to be counted as a mass rdm. and no warning should be given what so ever.

Guards killing prisoners at the Win Point should be slain, and kicked if they do so a second time in another round.
    should be a swap if they kill at win. and kick/temp if they kill at win again

Repeated trolling by the same person over separate sessions: Ban (for any amount of time, ranging from an hour to a month or more). A full permaban can be issued to serious, repeat offenders.
    IAMTHENIGHT that's all.
    also specify the types of "Trolling" such as blocking

Perma bans and log bans
    Should give a small description of the event as to insure the logbanner/whoever knows exactly what happen as to avoid arguments in the unban request section.

Admin commands
    should add the new commands such as /nodmgteam0

Keep names to a reasonable length and avoid using obscene or provocative words in them.
    We have an admin with the name Muh_Dick I doubt this apply's anymore

Regular Admins not in the 59th are more than welcome to join with their regiment tags
    what. remove this rule.

<Advisors have no formal tags>
    they should tbh. 59th_JB_Adv_(Name)

The o66 section
    does not have the time limit for calling o66.
    also should specify what to do in certain circumstances such as a mass escape before 58.

Investigate both sides of a story before punishing someone
    you should make the decision quickly rather then playing Sherlock Holmes use better judgement on events like this

Remember that accidental rdm results in a SLAY, not a Tempban.
    that's a given you can remove this rule

Do not give out the admin pass to anyone, even as a joke.
    we gave to that one kid that spamed neon and didn't even know how to set up an admin app
    DON'T DO IT not even for a good meme/joke

Use "Freeze player" tool with caution, and only if you want to roleplay
    you shouldn't use this at all as freezing players will only make them routey and bored as they can not do anything for the duration of the freezing

Admins can swap themselves to either team if they wish to.
    add vip's can be swapped if they request to be swaped

Other
    complete the unlisted sections
    update the ranks with their new responsibility's as well rules they have to follow such as TA's not msging the HA
    you can probably take the tips sections and just combine it into one large tip section or organize it better
    Add updated pics and links
    just generally make sure everything is up to date

PS more changes and edits

Maps
    specify the rules for maps such as round limits and how often you should switch to game modes we have

The site
    I know none of use it but we have it for a reason add the 59th.eu site

Names
    Tea says we are not allowed to change or names update plz

Admin cheats
    heals are allowed to be used and specify non allowed cheats

The admin panel
    specify what everything on the panel should be set to on a regular basis

Admin Commands
    add the F9 and O commands if you have Pews New Admin Powers TM

• On the topic of JA's ...

"Being active on the website, and sharing their opinion/ input on all Jailbreak-related forms (admin applications, unban requests and player complaints), as well as on the community sub-forum."

Only the part of them being able to put input into admin applications is true, even then they are not allowed to give vouches. They are not generally allowed to give "their opinion" on unban request or complaints unless they are directly involved in it.
  • Thanks for the suggestions. I'll make the changes tomorrow.

I should probably add that a lot of these rules were first written in May 2015, so it's not surprising that they'll be at least somewhat out of date with common practice 2 years on.

Scandypandy wrote:

That moment when Wash's mammy learns to play Warband, quits her job to rack up the hours on Jailbreak, applies for admin, gets promoted to HA just to logban Wash from Jailbreak so he can get his fucking life together
  • Sorry for being late to the party, I will try to add anything the goyim above missed.

Junior Admins
    However, it is likely that their opinions will hold less weight due to their inexperience

It would help if you cited as an example that they cant vouch in admin apps, it's still something that many TAs-JAs still miss from time to time

Senior Admins
    Helping to keep the OP in the "preferred players" and "watched players" threads up to date.

Is this still a thing because if it is I bet everyone has forgotten about it.

Admin of the Week* (AotW)

The Admin of the Week* is selected weekly

Normally bi-weekly

The only cheats you are allowed to use are Freezing, Beaconing, and Teleporting.

Some are allowed in HG and BH HG, but I don't know if thats a big enough exception to include it.

Also seconding Caths suggestion of writing down the new chat scripts (i.e /ratio 25)

Finally I suggest updating the rules in the player steamgroup, as this is where a lot of new players first go to find information on the server.
    Memorable Quotes

Turkish Power wrote:

Ban Dimitry plase he is racist he done bad things and said bed thinkks about my mum thank yuo plase

• CatherineTheGreat wrote:

rules for players

- Punching and kicking guards or destructible items is not a punishable offence.
    Specify with or without weapon. Also destroy items that lead to win should be a punishable offence.

No need, the act of punching or kicking is implicitly without a weapon. I've expressed what you meant in a slightly different way.

- All players are to listen to and follow the admins' orders. Their decision on a matter is final. If you have an issue with that decision, report it on the forum.
    Specify what should be reported. so we don't get bullshit reports. example: Drunken - Admin Complaint - 24/4/2017 [Rejected]
    Such as: Spawn admin weapons or Banning people wrongly

I've added something about it being in breach of admin guidelines. I'm not exhaustively listing every single thing you can possibly report an admin for.

- No players or admins are allowed to use the chat in a way that disrupts the server. This includes spamming, trying to antagonise players, trying to mislead others into breaking the rules, and so on.
    should update this for our new rules on chat.

What rules? This was lifted out of Tea's existing rules, as found in the Steam group.

punishments

Accidental RDM: slay the guard the first time, and kick him the second time
    most of the time we slay the swap.

I think that you mean 'swap the slay'. I've corrected it.

Deliberate RDM: Ask why the person killed (if you are unsure), if the kill is confirmed as an rdm then swap or tempban.
    Tempban for repeat offenders specify.

Added

Mass RDM by a guard: instant permaban, a prior warning is allowed but not required.
    3 kills minimum to be counted as a mass rdm. and no warning should be given what so ever.

Fixed.

Guards killing prisoners at the Win Point should be slain, and kicked if they do so a second time in another round.
    should be a swap if they kill at win. and kick/temp if they kill at win again

Changed the slay bit to swap. Not sure about tempbanning.

Repeated trolling by the same person over separate sessions: Ban (for any amount of time, ranging from an hour to a month or more). A full permaban can be issued to serious, repeat offenders.
    IAMTHENIGHT that's all.
    also specify the types of "Trolling" such as blocking

I did, read the paragraph below you lazy

Perma bans and log bans
    Should give a small description of the event as to insure the logbanner/whoever knows exactly what happen as to avoid arguments in the unban request section.

Is this an official requirement? If so, where is it listed?

Admin commands
    should add the new commands such as /nodmgteam0

Not sure where these are. I can't join the server to find the full list. Someone will have to send me them, or wait for the server restart in two weeks.

Keep names to a reasonable length and avoid using obscene or provocative words in them.
    We have an admin with the name Muh_Dick I doubt this apply's anymore

It does. Muh_Dick isn't the most obscene or provocative of names. Muh_Clit was, however, rejected. This rule is a just in case sort of thing for people like Clit.

Regular Admins not in the 59th are more than welcome to join with their regiment tags
    what. remove this rule.

Removed.

<Advisors have no formal tags>
    they should tbh. 59th_JB_Adv_(Name)

Not an official rule, no Advisors have ever used tags, therefore it's not going in the guide. If it becomes a formal requirement or a convention, I'll change it.

The o66 section
    does not have the time limit for calling o66.
    also should specify what to do in certain circumstances such as a mass escape before 58.

Added another two sentences.

Investigate both sides of a story before punishing someone
    you should make the decision quickly rather then playing Sherlock Holmes use better judgement on events like this

Removed.

Remember that accidental rdm results in a SLAY, not a Tempban.
    that's a given you can remove this rule

Removed.

Do not give out the admin pass to anyone, even as a joke.
    we gave to that one kid that spamed neon and didn't even know how to set up an admin app
    DON'T DO IT not even for a good meme/joke

Ye whatever

Use "Freeze player" tool with caution, and only if you want to roleplay
    you shouldn't use this at all as freezing players will only make them routey and bored as they can not do anything for the duration of the freezing

I've added as many warnings and qualifications to the freeze guideline as possible.

Admins can swap themselves to either team if they wish to.
    add vip's can be swapped if they request to be swaped

Added.

Other
    complete the unlisted sections
    update the ranks with their new responsibility's as well rules they have to follow such as TA's not msging the HA

Sure, will do at some point

you can probably take the tips sections and just combine it into one large tip section or organize it better

Not doing this, it makes people get too bored to read through everything. Three pages help break up an otherwise long, detailed list of uninteresting text.

Add updated pics and links
    Everything was already up to date. I took new screenshots of stuff like the website, the group, and the admin ranks. If there are any specific screenshots you think are out of date, tell me

PS more changes and edits

Maps
    specify the rules for maps such as round limits and how often you should switch to game modes we have

Good idea, but I'm not sure as to where the final rules on this are. They seem to be ignored by most admins

The site
    I know none of use it but we have it for a reason add the 59th.eu site

Not adding it out of principle. In the unlikely event that we ever use it as the primary host for our applications, I'll update the guide with instructions on how to use it and view applications. Let's hope that that day never comes.

Names
    Tea says we are not allowed to change or names update plz

Removed the rule/

Admin cheats
    heals are allowed to be used and specify non allowed cheats

Amended.

The admin panel
    specify what everything on the panel should be set to on a regular basis

Hm.. will do at some point, once the server is up. This is best done using screenshots, not text.

Admin Commands
    add the F9 and O commands if you have Pews New Admin Powers TM

Good idea, will add to the admin powers section​​

Scandypandy wrote:

• Scrooblord wrote:

On the topic of JA's ...

"Being active on the website, and sharing their opinion/ input on all Jailbreak-related forms (admin applications, unban requests and player complaints), as well as on the community sub-forum."

Only the part of them being able to put input into admin applications is true, even then they are not allowed to give vouches. They are not generally allowed to give "their opinion" on unban request or complaints unless they are directly involved in it.
    The quote was for RAs. I modified it slightly.

"[*] Being active on the website, and sharing their opinion and evidence on all Jailbreak-related forms should it be required under the website posting rules."

Scandypandy wrote:

• Dimitry wrote:

Sorry for being late to the party, I will try to add anything the goyim above missed.

Junior Admins
    However, it is likely that their opinions will hold less weight due to their inexperience

It would help if you cited as an example that they cant vouch in admin apps, it's still something that many TAs-JAs still miss from time to time

Good observation, will add to the ranks affected by the rule

Senior Admins
    Helping to keep the OP in the "preferred players" and "watched players" threads up to date.

Is this still a thing because if it is I bet everyone has forgotten about it.

It isn't, will remove from their guidelines.

Admin of the Week* (AotW)

The Admin of the Week* is selected weekly

Normally bi-weekly

Oh shut up, I put an asterisk and everything

The only cheats you are allowed to use are Freezing, Beaconing, and Teleporting.

Some are allowed in HG and BH HG, but I don't know if thats a big enough exception to include it.

I'll add it to avoid confusion.

Also seconding Caths suggestion of writing down the new chat scripts (i.e /ratio 25)

Need to either screenshot the help thing, or get someone to send me a list of all the commands. Please send me a screenshot if you have one!

Finally I suggest updating the rules in the player steamgroup, as this is where a lot of new players first go to find information on the server.

Will do last, after Tea has read over everything and approved it.

Scandypandy wrote:

• Added a 'Server Management' section to the guide. Should be worth the read.

Link to the guide: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=447089616

Scandypandy wrote:

• @Neon @walp / Polska_Cebula + @anyone else who is interested

Lemme know what you thinking about the new testing guidelines: Trial admin testing thread [New OP]. They're basically the old ones but in a nicer, easy-to-follow format. The content is the same.

It's gonna be copy-pasted into the guide as it is, so it gotta be perfect <3

Scandypandy wrote:

• Neon wrote:

Can't see anything wrong with it.

"I finally found the perfect word to describe Polska.
    "Unfuckwithable"
    - (adj.) when you are truly at peace and in touch with yourself, and nothing anyone says or does bothers you, and no negativity or drama can touch you.
    Polska 'the untriggerable". ~Netanyel aka blac jelly
  • Neon wrote:

1. Any admin who is a Veteran or higher can decide to test a TA at any time they wish to.
    I still feel this is too vague, there should be a guideline to follow for knowing when to test a trial admin.

Maybe VA+ suggests a promotion to any SA+, and then proceed as stated above? That way everyone's on the same page as to who is testing who and why.

Apart from this all looks good.

"bastardo Head adminno massive rdm, and it is said that i were rdmr" - Shalom_dear_Jews
  • The guide is very good so far, really enjoyable to read and the information is presented very well. That said I found some mistakes in the newer sections :

*Admin*[59th_JB_JA_BazookaDeLuca]: Guards, no random kicking [/font]
    Minor nitpick but you missed the BB code here

*Admin*[59th_JB_RA_Dr_Chinkilla]: looking for a good line or lights company to improve yur skills? Wank to do weekly fun events? Then apply to join the 59th at http://www.59th.eu

A lot of the example quotes use the old website, this might confuse the new TAs. You could maybe add a small PS in the end citing the correct website.

Non-live rounds

Needs the "no banning during non live rounds, this is a mistake admins still make (admittedly I was one of them).

Non-live rounds are the first round after a map change or a purge is considered Not Live.

Or on the 4th round of every map.

You can only use the Order 66 command after 58:00. You may wish to use it at any time if and only if there is a mass prisoner escape

Other cases include mass riots and loss of control. A small note saying that it should be used as a last resort only would be also helpful.

Please change the map every 3-4 rounds. In addition, it's generally best not to do two or more non-JB gamemodes consecutively.

It's now obligatory to change map every 3 rounds and there must be a minimum of at least 4 maps between non-JB gamemodes.

You are free to ask the players to vote for the map [...] they wish to do next

Im going to directly quote Patrick's guide on professionalism for this:

• It wastes time during which you can't really do anything else (so you just end up spending a minute or two running around waiting for everyone to vote).
    • It is inaccurate - most people don't vote, and there will always be someone who spams "1", rendering the whole exercise useless. Telling him to stop wastes further time and energy on your behalf.
    • Players don't know which map is most suitable for their number, or even which maps were played before the current one - it's the admin's job to know.
    • Players often spam the names of the most well known maps (like "The Island"), regardless of whether there are any better ones available. This reduces the variety of the maps that we play on
    It's a general consensus that we shouldnt ever ask the players for a map. The gamemode section however is on point.

Some of these might look like minor nitpick but take into consideration that it's going to be the TAs who will read this, we need to make this as accurate as possible ;)
    Memorable Quotes

Turkish Power wrote:

Ban Dimitry plase he is racist he done bad things and said bed thinkks about my mum thank yuo plase

• Bjorn Ironside wrote:

I still feel this is too vague, there should be a guideline to follow for knowing when to test a trial admin.
    Maybe VA+ suggests a promotion to any SA+, and then proceed as stated above? That way everyone's on the same page as to who is testing who and why.

I don't know - nothing was said in the previous guide as to the process by which the VA+s know when to test a TA

@OhMyEnglishTeaBags whaddya think?

Scandypandy wrote:

• Dimitry wrote:

The guide is very good so far, really enjoyable to read and the information is presented very well. That said I found some mistakes in the newer sections :

*Admin*[59th_JB_JA_BazookaDeLuca]: Guards, no random kicking [/font]
    Minor nitpick but you missed the BB code here

Fixed.

*Admin*[59th_JB_RA_Dr_Chinkilla]: looking for a good line or lights company to improve yur skills? Wank to do weekly fun events? Then apply to join the 59th at http://www.59th.eu

A lot of the example quotes use the old website, this might confuse the new TAs. You could maybe add a small PS in the end citing the correct website.

I've replaced any references to the old site. I copy-pasted the quotes from Neon's 'How to use the admin chat' thread on here, so they are likely to be out of date.

Non-live rounds

Needs the "no banning during non live rounds, this is a mistake admins still make (admittedly I was one of them).

Added

Non-live rounds are the first round after a map change or a purge is considered Not Live.

Or on the 4th round of every map.

Yep, added some more detail on this

You can only use the Order 66 command after 58:00. You may wish to use it at any time if and only if there is a mass prisoner escape

Other cases include mass riots and loss of control. A small note saying that it should be used as a last resort only would be also helpful.

Yes, yes, added.

Please change the map every 3-4 rounds. In addition, it's generally best not to do two or more non-JB gamemodes consecutively.

It's now obligatory to change map every 3 rounds and there must be a minimum of at least 4 maps between non-JB gamemodes.

Citation needed. A lot of people say and do this, but I haven't found a strict rule for it.

You are free to ask the players to vote for the map [...] they wish to do next

Im going to directly quote Patrick's guide on professionalism for this:

• It wastes time during which you can't really do anything else (so you just end up spending a minute or two running around waiting for everyone to vote).
    • It is inaccurate - most people don't vote, and there will always be someone who spams "1", rendering the whole exercise useless. Telling him to stop wastes further time and energy on your behalf.
    • Players don't know which map is most suitable for their number, or even which maps were played before the current one - it's the admin's job to know.
    • Players often spam the names of the most well known maps (like "The Island"), regardless of whether there are any better ones available. This reduces the variety of the maps that we play on
    It's a general consensus that we shouldnt ever ask the players for a map. The gamemode section however is on point.

I've split it into a gamemode and map voting section. The bullet points above were copied from one of my announcements in 2015 by Patrick... hence why they're so well written... that cheeky cunt

Scandypandy wrote:

• KL4R1NO the Politically Correct wrote:

Citation needed. A lot of people say and do this, but I haven't found a strict rule for it.
    Taken from Tea's OP of Official Rules Update - 11/04/17 :

"You must only do a maximum of three rounds per map and mode. This also means after 3 rounds of Hunger Games, don't go and do 3 rounds of Jail Arena, etc."

As for the gap between gamemodes I remember tea confirming it on a discussion thread, but I can't seem to find it.
    Memorable Quotes

Turkish Power wrote:

• Dimitry wrote:

Taken from Tea's OP of Official Rules Update - 11/04/17 :
    "You must only do a maximum of three rounds per map and mode. This also means after 3 rounds of Hunger Games, don't go and do 3 rounds of Jail Arena, etc."
    This was already in the guide last night, where I suggested that admins should not do more than one non-JB mode in a row.

Changing maps and gamemodes
    "Frequency of changes
    Please change the map every 3-4 rounds. Do not do two non-JB gamemodes (e.g. Jail Siege and Jail Arena) consecutively."

Dimitry wrote:

As for the gap between gamemodes I remember tea confirming it on a discussion thread, but I can't seem to find it.
    Hence it's a guideline at best, not an official rule.

Scandypandy wrote:

• KL4R1NO the Politically Correct wrote:

Bjorn Ironside wrote:

I don't know - nothing was said in the previous guide as to the process by which the VA+s know when to test a TA
    @OhMyEnglishTeaBags whaddya think?
    Assuming you meant Bjorn's quote rather than your guide, it's only there so that we don't need a head mentor and head examiner since inactivity, timezones, etc make it very hard to use this method. Literally, it's a nice simple system. A VA could see that a TA is doing very well and can decide to test him.
    How to troll Washington - Starter Pack:
    Show Spoiler

Step 1 - Set a non-Steam game to the title "Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Beta".
    Step 2 - Launch this "game".
    Step 3 - Get spammed by Washington to receive the following:

17:43 - Washington: WOAH WHAT
    17:43 - Washington: BANNERLORD
    17:43 - Washington: EXPLAIN
    17:43 - OhMyEnglishTeaBags: the Steam spam is real
    17:44 - Washington: the betas out on steam???!!!!
    17:44 - OhMyEnglishTeaBags: 'murican can't read
    17:44 - Washington: or did u get a giveaway from steam group?
    17:44 - OhMyEnglishTeaBags: M8 the game is out tommorow. Did u not hear?
    17:45 - Washington: rtqwetrwet3q45
    17:45 - Washington: 11
    17:45 - Washington: ehh i dont have any money!!

Step 4 - Receive a message from Imposter Drunk which says the following:

17:46 - Impostor: congratulations
    17:46 - Impostor: you trolled washington
    17:46 - OhMyEnglishTeaBags: ik
    17:46 - OhMyEnglishTeaBags:
    17:43 - Washington: WOAH WHAT
    17:43 - Washington: BANNERLORD
    17:43 - Washington: EXPLAIN
    17:43 - OhMyEnglishTeaBags: the Steam spam is real
    17:44 - Washington: the betas out on steam???!!!!
    17:44 - OhMyEnglishTeaBags: 'murican can't read
    17:44 - Washington: or did u get a giveaway from steam group?
    17:44 - OhMyEnglishTeaBags: M8 the game is out tommorow. Did u not hear?
    17:45 - Washington: rtqwetrwet3q45
    17:45 - Washington: 11
    17:45 - Washington: ehh i dont have any money!!
    17:47 - OhMyEnglishTeaBags: U told him it was fake?
    17:47 - OhMyEnglishTeaBags: Or not yet
    17:47 - Impostor:
    Washington: MATE
    Washington: teabags is playing bannerlord
    Washington: the beta is out
    Washington: my god
    Washington: game comes out tommorow
    17:47 - Impostor: i did
    17:47 - OhMyEnglishTeaBags: HAHAHA
    17:47 - Impostor: he dont believe me
    17:47 - OhMyEnglishTeaBags: He is one gullible nub
    17:47 - Impostor:
    Impostor: no he is not...
    Washington: mate
    Washington: he is on da beta
    Washington: game comes out tommorow
    Impostor: he´s only having internet explorer open
    Impostor: or something like that
    Impostor: so stfu
    Washington: mate his steam saus
    Washington: says*
    Washington: mount and blade bannerlord beta
    Impostor: you can do the same
    Washington: nah
    17:48 - OhMyEnglishTeaBags: lol
    17:48 - Impostor: he´s quite retarded
    17:48 - OhMyEnglishTeaBags: ik

Step 5 - Rename this "game" to "Washington - You just got trolled!".

That moment when someone gets banned:
  • OP has been updated, and certain screenshots that I couldn't add when the server was down have been added. Enjoy!

Scandypandy wrote: