Rules update

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More details

  • Rules update

    Just by looking at the official rules it is pretty obvious that many rules are absent and that many 'rules' are either wrong or redundant. In the spoiler below are the rules; in red are highlighted rules that are just wrong and in yellow are rules that are redundant for one reason or another.


    Show Spoiler

    • PUNCHING AND KICKING ARE NOT KILLABLE OFFENSES! Guards may warn or lightly stab a prisoner, but never kill.
    • All Russians should line up at spawn at the beginning of each round, and drop any visible weapons.
    • When prompted to do so by a guard, Russians should drop their tools or firearms.
    • Russians are to stay in their cells, unless told otherwise by the guards/ the admins(s), until revolt time.
    • Revolt time is at 58:00 for all maps!
    • Russians may kill guards who camp their prison cells. An admin may slay such campers, after a warning.
    • British are expected to give proper warnings, before killing a prisoner, if possible.* They are also expected to give brief reasons in chat after killing one.
    • Vandalism is not a killable offense. You may kill someone for having a weapon/tool, but not just for breaking a window or door.
    • All Players are to respect the Admins, and follow their orders at all times. An admin's word on a matter is final.
    • No maps require prisoners to have hats to enter the Win Point!
    • Guards are NOT allowed to camp the win point. They are also not allowed to kill any prisoners that have reached it. They are allowed to kill prisoners who are escaping but who are outside it at the time.
    • Recruiting for the 59th *is* allowed, but not for any other regiment. This goes for both players and admins.
    • No Inflammatory comments of any kind, including provocation of the admins or other players.
    *Only true in one of many possible kill reasons

    Under these rules killing prisoners for punching or kicking are only counted as acc RDM and guards are able to take prisoners out of their cells at will.


    In the 'Not live, do not kill' thread and poll the general opinion was mixed. Most admins seem to like and enforce this rule however as many admins (54.5% according to the poll) also didn't like this rule. As such admins will be able to decide to activate a 'not live' round, where no guard may kill a prisoner (before 58:00) or a general 'freeday' where normal rules apply but with no orders.

    The following is the first draft of the new rule set

    • Punching and kicking, of guards or doors, are not killable offences.
    • Any prisoner holding a weapon may be killed if it is drawn, visible weapons must first be warned for.
    • Any prisoner with a gun on them may be killed with no warning, regardless if drawn or sheathed
    • Guards may not kill prisoners for past crimes.
    • Guards may kill prisoners on a direct path towards win they may not, however, kill prisoners who are; delaying, going the wrong way, glitching, hiding or blocking unless stated so by the warden.
    • On a not live round guards may not kill prisoners before 58:00 for any reason. When it is a freeday however normal KOS rules apply
    • Guards may not camp win or kill prisoners that have already reached win.
    • All players are to listen to and follow the admins orders, the admins word is almost final.
    • Nobody, player or admin, is permitted to use chat in such a way to distrupt the server. (Spamming, intentionally trying to antagonise people)
    • Nobody can recruit on the jailbreak server other than the 59th.
    • Glitching or abusing bugs/flaws in the game or any map are not permitted at all, nor is the use of any hack that might affect the game for other people. (Cheer mod ect. is fine)
    • No hats are required on any map in order for prisoners to enter win.
    • Once swapped (for breaking the rules, not for balence) the prisoner may not swap back to guard until the next map.
    • Guards must state a reason after killing a prisoner for any reason, the exeption is during an o66, where a reason is not required.
    • Guards may not stab, punch or kick prisoners at random


    And the revised set of admin guidelines:

    • Accidental Rdm: Slay the first time, then Swap the second time
    • Deliberate Rdm: Swap for the first offence
    • Mass RDM by a guard: Permaban, it might be worth considering avoiding such punishment if the individual involved is obviously acting out of ignorance and not malice
    • Guards camping the win point: Warn with admin chat, then slay if they don't leave immediately.
    • Guards killing prisoners at the Win Point should be Slain, then Swapped the second time
    • Glitching: Slay, warning permitted but not required
    • Swapping back: Temp ban, warning permitted but not required
    • Early running by prisoners: Beacon permitted but not required
    • Spamming chat: One warning then kick, should this person return and keep spamming then tempban them
    • Trolling: Warn and tempban, severe offenders are to be perma banned
    • Blocking Entrances: Slay-Temp ban depending on severity, Warning opinonal but not required
    • Killing when not live: Swap, do not ban for this offence
    • Admins may make minor changes to the rules and guidelines for guards and prisoners if they feel it will benefit the round/server ex. "KOS going left" "KOS on walls" "KOS on roof"
    • Only Hand Grenades and Shotguns in Hunger Games (Addition - 26/03/2017)


    Mostly these updates are to keep the rules in line with the current style of admininstration. If anything has been missed or you want to suggest any changes put a comment below. These changes will be impemented next week.

    Edit1 : Added in hats rule
    Edit2 : Reworded spamming rule
    Edit3 : Added in 'Admins may mess with the rules' guideline and 'Do not swap back' rule
    Edit4: Added 'do not RDM stab' and 'State kill reasons or swap' rules
    Edit5: Only Hand Grenades and Shotguns in Hunger Games
  • Neon wrote:

    Guards may kill prisoners on a direct path towards win they may not, however, kill prisoners who are; delaying, going the wrong way, glitching, hiding or blocking unless stated so by the warden.
    About guards not being able to kill for glitching: On some maps prisoners use the glitches to escape the prison, i.e. German Village Storm near the stables. On other maps, i.e. Ambush Fog, the glitch only allows them to get on the dinner roof and prisoners cannot escape from the prison using that exploit. Most guards know about the possible escape glitches already. So, would it be okay to allow guards to kill prisoners using a glitch that allows them to escape like in the first example, or just leave the glitcher slaying to the admins only?

    Pirate1029 wrote:

    Whats the point of kicking them if your gonna tempban them if they come back anyway.
    Usually if you kick them once they shut up because they don't want to be banned. I had this guy who I kicked twice and he still came back with such a salt rage, then I told him I think he needed to take a break and gave him a temp ban. He came back exactly one hour later and actually apologized to me. Never had any problems out of him since then.


    17:39:36 - *Admin*[59th_JB_HA_OhMyEnglishTeaBag]: Conrad you fucking little shit. You're kicked off the team.
  • Netanyel wrote:

    Neon wrote:

    Guards may kill prisoners on a direct path towards win they may not, however, kill prisoners who are; delaying, going the wrong way, glitching, hiding or blocking unless stated so by the warden.
    About guards not being able to kill for glitching: On some maps prisoners use the glitches to escape the prison, i.e. German Village Storm near the stables. On other maps, i.e. Ambush Fog, the glitch only allows them to get on the dinner roof and prisoners cannot escape from the prison using that exploit. Most guards know about the possible escape glitches already. So, would it be okay to allow guards to kill prisoners using a glitch that allows them to escape like in the first example, or just leave the glitcher slaying to the admins only?
    Ideally the admin should be able to catch all the glitchers, however this probably isn't possible. Generally if someone is glitching to win that is a direct path to win and is KOS.

    Normally any glitch a guard can see an admin should be able to see. If glitches were KOS you'd have guards killing prisoners for walking into walls like in french farm.
  • Neon wrote:

    Pirate1029 wrote:

    Neon wrote:

    Killing when not live: Swap, do not ban for this offence
    If the map were about to change, swapping would be pointless
    The not live rounds that are just before map changes shouldn't last long enough for this to be relevent anyway
    Almost forgot that some people take half a day to change the map after a round ends, eh?

    Speaking of glitches, Neon, do you mind removing the top crate from the mountain of crates near the dinner hall of Ambush Fog?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    My porn collection - louxsnow.tumblr.com/archive
  • They were slayable for quite some time, but later on, it was agreed to let the guards take care of the problem. As the server gets a healthy population of 20-40 players, early runners become extremely easy to catch and kill anyways.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    My porn collection - louxsnow.tumblr.com/archive
  • Netanyel wrote:

    Neon wrote:

    Guards may kill prisoners on a direct path towards win they may not, however, kill prisoners who are; delaying, going the wrong way, glitching, hiding or blocking unless stated so by the warden.
    About guards not being able to kill for glitching: On some maps prisoners use the glitches to escape the prison, i.e. German Village Storm near the stables. On other maps, i.e. Ambush Fog, the glitch only allows them to get on the dinner roof and prisoners cannot escape from the prison using that exploit. Most guards know about the possible escape glitches already. So, would it be okay to allow guards to kill prisoners using a glitch that allows them to escape like in the first example, or just leave the glitcher slaying to the admins only?
    Sometimes when there's only one admin online on the server it'a kinda hard for him to give orders, deal with the rdm spam in global and also slay glitches. Just say KoS glitchers/ going on the roof/ hiding in the spawn wall and stuff and if somebody actually reached the win point way too early to be possible just see if he broke the win barricades.

    Makes it funnier for the guards to hunt escapers down and also easier for the admin until he can take care of the glitchers.
  • louisdesnow wrote:

    They were slayable for quite some time, but later on, it was agreed to let the guards take care of the problem. As the server gets a healthy population of 20-40 players, early runners become extremely easy to catch and kill anyways.
    Yeah but when guards are shit at catching them it seems like a bit of a hassle to do an entire guard purge when you can just slay the 2 or 3 prisoners causing the problem
  • Neon wrote:


    • Punching and kicking, of guards or doors, are not killable offences.

    At the current phrasing of the punching rule, it is not allowed for the guards to defend themselves from punching after 58.


    Pirate1029 wrote:

    Neon wrote:

    Killing when not live: Swap, do not ban for this offence
    If the map were about to change, swapping would be pointless
    Maybe if they break this rule, we could state, that they will be prevented from taking a guard slot for atleast 2 maps. Ofc it would mean, than an admin have to keep in mind (or write down on a paper), that which players are punished this way.

    Pirate1029 wrote:

    Neon wrote:

    Spamming chat: One warning then kick, should this person return then tempban them
    Whats the point of kicking them if your gonna tempban them if they come back anyway.
    Kick is a perfectly capable tool for a more direct warning from an admin, if they fail to heed the written warning. I see no problem in utilizing it.

    Greinstad wrote:

    I think early runners should be slayed after a warning through admin chat.

    It ruins the concept of the gamemode too early into the round.
    The prisoners has the liberty of taking advantage of a sudden situlation at anytime, and they know the risks, so nope, this is perfectly within the concept of this gamemode. It is entirely up to the guards competence, to seal any route at the current prisoner area. Slaying the prisoners wont solve the issue of the guards competence, only make the prisoners superpassive, or forcing them to always riot, instead of actually following the gameconcept and try to properly escape. Lately few rounds ends with actually reaching the win. Actually punishing the trying of an escape, because "it's too early" and you dont want to bother with fixing the guards issue, is a bit against the concept. If the prisoners manage to early run, it can mean two things: there are too few guards (this can be solved rather easily), or the guards are incompetent (in this case, slaying the prisoners, wont solve the problem, and you cant avoid the guard purge, wether it is uncomfortable for you, or not). In most of the cases, you can see which guard is clueless about his job, while they others were relying on him to staying near the area door, and start checking the prisoners for visible weapons, so it is pointless to purge the whole team because one guard left his post.

    And finally one personal idea, which is not directly connected to the game rules, but more likely to the gameplay. I recommend changing the script and removing the pistols and the molotovs. The pistols allow the guards to instantly kill the prisoners, but leaves no evidence, so it is very hard to determine if it was rdm or not, unless you saw it personally. (Plus its fighting effectiveness is quite low too). On the other hand, the molotovs drastically change the gameplay. They are the reason, that the prisoners are not attempting to escape, but instead, they go for the kill. Also, the guards are sometimes leave their post, and run for the molotov boxes, only to end up accidentally buring like 3 more prisoners along with the armed one. These things could be prevented easily, just by editing some values in the script.
  • No hats are required on any map in order for prisoners to enter win.

    Really? Why this rule even exists?



    Pirate1029 wrote:

    Neon wrote:

    Spamming chat: One warning then kick, should this person return then tempban them
    Whats the point of kicking them if your gonna tempban them if they come back anyway.
    Probably Neon made a mistake. I think that he can be banned only if he comes back and spams again.


    I suggest to add rule "Do not swap back after punishing by admin" or something. If admins don't have to warn (but they should inform in my opinion), players have to know about this from somewhere.


    "I finally found the perfect word to describe Polska.
    "Unfuckwithable"
    - (adj.) when you are truly at peace and in touch with yourself, and nothing anyone says or does bothers you, and no negativity or drama can touch you.
    Polska 'the untriggerable". ~Netanyel aka blac jelly
  • walp / Polska_Cebula wrote:

    No hats are required on any map in order for prisoners to enter win.

    Really? Why this rule even exists?
    In the early days, on maps such as The Island, there were no huge walls blocking off a huge portion of the map. There were no vineyard or wheat fields either. To prove that the prisoners actually went to the prison instead of heading straight to the win point, they had to enter the cells and interact with a treasure chest.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    My porn collection - louxsnow.tumblr.com/archive
  • walp / Polska_Cebula wrote:

    No hats are required on any map in order for prisoners to enter win.

    Really? Why this rule even exists?
    0th edit I got rid of this but legs suggested to leave it in as an admin applicant trap, it isn't harmful really otherwise

    Danandur wrote:

    recommend changing the script and removing the pistols and the molotovs
    When I talk with pio about messing with the variables for the weapon spawns pistols will be removed, all other guns and molotovs will be reduced


    walp / Polska_Cebula wrote:

    I suggest to add rule "Do not swap back after punishing by admin" or something. If admins don't have to warn (but they should inform in my opinion), players have to know about this from somewhere.
    I'll add this

    Danandur wrote:

    Maybe if they break this rule, we could state, that they will be prevented from taking a guard slot for atleast 2 maps. Ofc it would mean, than an admin have to keep in mind (or write down on a paper), that which players are punished this way.
    If anyone thinks they are capable of enforcing this they can do that, I'll add to the guidelines that admins can mess with the rules of the game to a minor extent if they state so in admin chat first (Like KOS going left or KOS on walls)

    Corruptor wrote:

    Sometimes when there's only one admin online on the server it'a kinda hard for him to give orders, deal with the rdm spam in global and also slay glitches. Just say KoS glitchers/ going on the roof/ hiding in the spawn wall and stuff and if somebody actually reached the win point way too early to be possible just see if he broke the win barricades.

    Makes it funnier for the guards to hunt escapers down and also easier for the admin until he can take care of the glitchers.
    As above you could say 'KOS prisoners on the roof'
  • Can we add on "Admins should try do advertise 59th once every 2 or three maps"?

    I mean, I don't pay Tim to pay the server host to pay his internet provider to run the servers for nothing you know.
    Show Spoiler
    <02:09:55> "Wegian": i kissed a gay guy btw
    <02:10:05> "Wegian": at new years eve
    <02:10:11> "Wegian": im straught tho
    <02:10:14> "Wegian": i think
    <02:10:22> "Wegian": he was good at kissing tho
    <02:10:33> "Wegian": better then most girls

    22:21 - ✪ SCANDYPANDY ✪: I'm not really a sexual goy but when I was like
    22:21 - ✪ SCANDYPANDY ✪: uh
    22:21 - ✪ SCANDYPANDY ✪: fuck I dunno like 16 maybe
    22:21 - ✪ SCANDYPANDY ✪: on about 2 tabs of acid after pride
    22:21 - ✪ SCANDYPANDY ✪: at a house party
    22:21 - ✪ SCANDYPANDY ✪: his dick was tiny but it was okay I guess
    22:21 - ✪ SCANDYPANDY ✪: save ulster from sodomy
    22:21 - ✪ SCANDYPANDY ✪: funny story tho bc current gf
    22:21 - ✪ SCANDYPANDY ✪: beat him up once
    22:21 - ✪ SCANDYPANDY ✪: top meme
  • Danandur wrote:

    Actually punishing the trying of an escape, because "it's too early" and you dont want to bother with fixing the guards issue, is a bit against the concept
    The concept of the gamemode is to escape, but not right off the bat of spawn every single round. If they all did this, then there would be no point in all the other rooms (showers, work, dinner) and it would be a variant of jailrun.

    Although I understand if it gets to that level of idiocy, a guard purge is necessary.

    Pirate1029 wrote:

    If the map were about to change, swapping would be pointless
    If they RDM before I change the map and if they go guard in the new map, I just swap them.
  • Neon wrote:

    Pew Pew You're Dead wrote:

    Can we add on "Admins should try do advertise 59th once every 2 or three maps"?

    I mean, I don't pay Tim to pay the server host to pay his internet provider to run the servers for nothing you know.
    These are player rules, this'll be added in at a later point
    Admins advertising are player rules? Btw be sure to update the steam group if you haven't already.
    Show Spoiler
    <02:09:55> "Wegian": i kissed a gay guy btw
    <02:10:05> "Wegian": at new years eve
    <02:10:11> "Wegian": im straught tho
    <02:10:14> "Wegian": i think
    <02:10:22> "Wegian": he was good at kissing tho
    <02:10:33> "Wegian": better then most girls

    22:21 - ✪ SCANDYPANDY ✪: I'm not really a sexual goy but when I was like
    22:21 - ✪ SCANDYPANDY ✪: uh
    22:21 - ✪ SCANDYPANDY ✪: fuck I dunno like 16 maybe
    22:21 - ✪ SCANDYPANDY ✪: on about 2 tabs of acid after pride
    22:21 - ✪ SCANDYPANDY ✪: at a house party
    22:21 - ✪ SCANDYPANDY ✪: his dick was tiny but it was okay I guess
    22:21 - ✪ SCANDYPANDY ✪: save ulster from sodomy
    22:21 - ✪ SCANDYPANDY ✪: funny story tho bc current gf
    22:21 - ✪ SCANDYPANDY ✪: beat him up once
    22:21 - ✪ SCANDYPANDY ✪: top meme