Sticky Problems with NRP

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More details

    • Problems with NRP

      What the fuck is this anymore. Can you all stop taking this so seriously. This isn't a job. This game has been a hobby of mine for the past year. I have had full admin on the server for over month and admin on the server often. It is fun to be apart of the community. Where I don't have fun is on this forum.

      It is just a competition between who can suck up more to a racist asshole that follows none of the rules other people are required to. This thread is a perfect example of what is wrong. You have one person who takes themselves so seriously that they are essentially disagreeing with the other for no reason. Maybe Niroc should not be an admin, not because he doesn't knows the rules (which he does) but because of all the drama created.

      All the trial admins are told to ban racism in chat. I disagree with this rule, not because I am racist but because I believe in freedom of speech. The derogatory statements people have said in internal admin chat are often worse than that said in public chat, but the same admins who ban those in public chat do the same thing in internal and get away with it. Hypocrisy at its finest.

      The admins on this server are a mess. Some don't do anything, some bitch about others nonstop and others abuse their privileges as an admin. Their are rules but they don't apply to some. No one seems to care about the abuse, all they care about is looking good.

      I don't care if I am kicked from being an admin for sharing my opinions.

      (Repost)

      Post was edited 1 time, last by TRH_Blucher ().

    • To address Niroc's point (on his application) the on criticizing seriousness and asking for more seriousnes.

      I think we shouldn't be stuck in a limbo between strict and loose on the rules. We need to define what is tolerable and what isn't. Saying something should be done but only holding the standard to who we want to is wrong. If the higher ups want to be loose or strict on the behavior then I'm fine with that, but has to be one or the other.
    • I was just about to make a containment thread myself. Inb4 deleted.

      I'm totally with Blucher on the one hand in regards to "this isn't a fucking job it's a bunch of fags managing players on a server of a DLC released for a game that came out in 2010" in regards to stuff like:
      -Admins publicly reporting and bickering with each other instead of just telling the relevant people in charge (as effective or ineffective as it might be)
      -Admins being super serious about muh ranks and powers and whatnot which, while technically useful, aren't really that big a deal
      -The bizarre shifting sense of "have respect for admins who have a higher rank than you" and "just call them a nigger enough times for you to fit in and you'll be fine."

      I've only been on the team for what, 3 months now? I joined because I wanted to help out the server, and tried to take Zoda's approach of just staying the fuck out of any drama within the team-just barely partook in Nobomin's demands during his meeting, reported one admin once on what was I believe one of my first days of TA because they were breaking rules to hold up a whole match, and generally keeping my nose well out of the whole "what powers should XAs have" shambles.
      Sure, I do think there are problems with the way the server is run and I'll list them, but on the other hand I think we all need to realise that:

      Everything fucking works. The server is intact. The playerbase is actually great these days. Things get done, new admins and complaints are handled, everything works as it should do. Any "bottleneck" or "muh inefficiency" problems are irrelevant because things are not in such a terrible state that we need some sort of NRP Industrial revolution to fix it, and one dumbass prowling the forums once every couple of weeks to wrap everything up is realistically plenty for all the requirements he would actually have.

      That said;

      1) Old ass 59th Admins from a bygone era who come on with no regard for the rules need to be handled. Obviously the 59th runs the server and obviously the higher ups within the 59th have been around a LOT longer than I have, so here and there surely some wiggle-room can be made. That said, there are many random 59th members who think they can come on and be above the rules, actively damaging the experience for other players by running off alone/delaying/generally fucking about. Anytime I slay them for doing so they immediately take an autistic fit in chat, often threaten to run and tell Pew, or Kaide, and try to tell me to come on the ts likely so they can either gangbang me there or convince me to look past their faggotry.
      Some 59th admins come on and actively interfere with matches using admin, such as instructing players specifically what to do or randomly forcing the hand of a team to shift the tide of a match. When called out, they respond with "lol I've been here a long time I know what I'm doing."
      Actual admin purge when, there's been so much "who the fuck is this guy and why has he shown up and started fucking our shit up" recently.

      2) Please have a blanket rule on racism. So far, it seems to have gone from
      -"NO RACISM!!!!"
      -"NO RACISM but ignore shock he's pretty racist"
      -"NO RACISM except in internal chat you dumb nigger lol"
      -"OKAY MAYBE A LITTLE BIT OF TINY CASUAL RACISM BUT NOT TOO MUCH!!!!! Internal chat? Nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger lol do I fit in yet"
      Some admins enforce it strictly, some don't, some actively racebait in chat in response to an admin being heavy handed with enforcing the racism rules. Some sort of blanket "here's what to do and what not to fucking do" rule really ought to be put in place.

      3) Muh ranks and TAs being fags
      Ranks are whatever. To me they always told me who'd been around longest/long enough to be confirmed as "someone who knows their shit."
      The one issue I have is TAs joining the team in order to be popular and type memes in purplechat and be cool and funny and known by everyone on the server. They then join and start having a go at any admin they like in internal, not really wanting to learn anything/actually progress toward Nobomin's memetest because as some said actually said, they're happy "just staying as TA." As elitist as it sounds, I don't think anyone unwilling to aim for escaping the TA tags should be on the team, and having a bunch of largely uncontrolled TAs fucking about on the server gives players a weird idea that some admins are super-serious-business but only because they have these easy-come-easy-go TAs who do whatever so that the players will like them.
      TA """"""mentors""""""" should really take a more active interest in the person they've been assigned to "mentor" because in my opinion, 99% of mentoring happens in the first few days, and the rest they learn from being on the server and interacting with other admins.
      As for "XAs need moar power >:(" I don't really care, the reality is that sure- Shockwave and Pew have pretty much all the power but that's not really a bad thing due to how inactive the forums are. "B-but what about all those admin apps!!!!" they either get denied eventually or accepted and players have to wait regardless for a server reset. Not a big deal.

      4) Admin purgo super deluxo
      There are some godawful admins. Nice guys, but really just not very good. The amount of times I've had to actually intervene and take over the whole server when it's almost full because someone who's been here a lot longer than I managed to mess things up so badly is getting a bit daft. I'm no bestmin, but by fuck are there some that might need to go through "TA" again for all the good its worth anymore.


      I still don't think I've been here long enough to have a say in this stuff-and have only bothered because of Blucher's thread-but the long and short of it is;


      Some sort of order/hierarchy would be important to help train new admins/keep them around and to keep things in order, but with the way the admin team gets along now it doesn't seem to matter. People need to stop looking at this like it's something super important which must be done meticulously and efficiently and realise that the crux of the matter remains to be "Is the server being run well" and right now I can say "pretty much I guess."
      Problems or no problems, that's my two cents.

      Now somebody come and be racist before this thread gets too serious.


      actual tl;dr- Yes there's problems but everything works fucking fine.



      (EDIT: Lads the site's main page is loading incredibly slowly, loading only the shoutbox (non updated) and fuck all else for up to 10 minutes. What do, the rest of the site loads just fine)

      literalretard wrote:



      Delete this please.

      KL4R1NO the Politically Correct wrote:

      @Scandypandy, I heard that McKinsey is out recruiting its next batch of management consultants. With the way you turned NRP around, you might be in for a decent shot.

      Post was edited 3 times, last by rip ().

    • Most 59th members are fine, rule abiding, decent players, but as Scandy said, there are a select few that come on (some as admin) and just seem to make up rules to excuse them ramboing or trolling, under the pretext "I have been here longer than you" or "I'll have a word with Kaide"
      Honestly, I've been threatened with the Kaide card so many times it's just become a meme... and quite frankly if Kaide saw how some of his regiment members behave on NRP (which I might add is the public face of the 59th), I'm sure he'd be less than impressed.
    • No current or ex-59th member regardless of rank is to be given special privileges on NWRP. Showing favoritism towards 59th players is breaking the rules too.

      Remember, you're admin to maintain a good level of RP. Explicit racism is not allowed.

      You don't get admin to share your political ideology or your racial opinions. Keep that to none-admin chat. You're there to observe, control and dictate the RP, nothing more.

      Racism should be treated equally to any other offensive terms. Calling someone a 'retard' and a nigger are of the same value to me.

      Offensive words, should be ruled out, via admin chat.
    • Advisor their is a difference in taking it to seriously and enforcing the rules that have been set.

      Your berating of Niroc over his admin application, too seriously.

      You calling other admins niggers and saying how black people have less IQ than whites, enforcing a rule
    • Scandypandy wrote:

      "Yes there's problems but everything works fucking fine."

      "Everything fucking works. The server is intact. The playerbase is actually great these days."

      "that the crux of the matter remains to be "Is the server being run well" and right now I can say "pretty much I guess." "
      All the complaints aside, I still do firmly believe the server is being run well and as effectively as is required. Unsung heroes who don't come on the forum much such as Zoda do keep the players happy and managed in the meantime, as the rest of us do when we're on. While the forum players an integral part in the server, I believe that in terms of the actual running of the server, I don't have any real issues aside from I suppose what I mentioned in my wall of text.

      While it's nice to see concerns being taken seriously, I don't believe there is a problem at the core of the server or that there is some catastrophe inbound. Just some weird grey areas rule-wise seem to have developed and some new admins might be unsure of the concrete rules.

      Show Spoiler
      personally I believe a lot of "complaints" come down to differing admin opinions on certain things and a pissing contest to see who has the biggest NRP-Peen combined with people wanting to be a "cool" or popular "goodmin" as opposed to effectively managing the server and the players

      literalretard wrote:



      Delete this please.

      KL4R1NO the Politically Correct wrote:

      @Scandypandy, I heard that McKinsey is out recruiting its next batch of management consultants. With the way you turned NRP around, you might be in for a decent shot.
    • I will attempt to address several points. Feel free to skip to whichever section triggers you the most :).

      1) The point of me 'REEing' over XA powers

      This stems from the fact that XAs used to be able to accept admin applications. Once Pew took this power away, a situation arose where some admin applications (e.g. Ketzls) were being left for weeks on end. I know Pew has a philosophy of waiting ~4 days before accepting, but that clearly wasn't being adhered to here. If I hadn't told Ketzl he was accepted he would have never known, and we would have lost a good admin candidate. Some of you don't seem to understand why this is a problem let me summarise:

      - Most TAs quit after a short period of time
      - 'B-b-but it's ok, there are plenty of admins at the moment'. No. The server struggled for population at times over the summer, one of the causes being a lack of admins. 2 months ago Esdeath was very active, now where is he? You cannot predict the future even if there is an acceptable number of admins at the moment.
      - The server struggles during NA hours. There's nothing wrong with wanting the server to have a bigger community by encouraging population during NA hours, the more players on the server the better the better the integrity of the server!
      - If good admins aren't being accepted, admin count goes down naturally, no admins on server, player x builds tower, everyone leaves due to delay. Rinse. Repeat - if you can't see the link then you're a fool.

      2) The 'memetest'

      I don't know why people call this a memetest. The changes to the test came for several reasons. A) People were doing it differently, which lead to a situation where 'Oh -- you got SnowHindu doing your test, he's tough' vs 'Oh you got GreasyGreg, he's ez :)'. B) We have Esdeath and Lord Commander Snow, the whole point of the 'memetest' is to weed out crap trial admins and clear any final issues an admin may have before they get the full 'A' tag. When you fail the test, I simply tell you what you did wrong, test you again, and then you pass because you've fixed your weaknesses! There's nothing 'haha what a meme' about it. Except the fact the untouchable Shockwave constantly interferes in them when I ask him not to.

      3) Racism


      At the end of the day, you have to understand the player base of the server. Personally I never punish for racism, unless it really gets out of hand, as I just take the point of view that - if they're not ruining the fun for other people, then what's the problem? If you start banning these people then you may end up with a 15th Humans vs Bots situation rather than the light hearted place NRP is supposed to be!

      4) 59th Admins

      I think I might have spoken to Krytenn about this before. Sometimes a 59th admin comes on the server and you just think 'why'. There are a couple who just come on and build a fort on the edge of the map, effectively ramboing, and that's all they do. I remember on one occasion like 1 week ago where there were at least 4 59th admins on and I asked in the chat 'What do you want to do next?' and no one replied. If Pew ever finishes this admin purge then I would like it that some 59th officers are not exempt.


      5) 'It's just a game you're all losers for caring about how it's run'

      I have attempted to justify in other sections, where relevant, why I care about the various things I've tried to 'reform' -- but end of the day, you can fucking shove off. One of the reasons I wanted a 'staff' position is because I want things to be run efficiently. Ewoksson shared this point of view. I believe there IS a link between the way it is run and the health of the playerbase, and I've tried to explain where relevant why I hold that point of view and to be honest just because you couldn't give a shit doesn't give you the right to write off the work of people who do.

      6) 'Everything fucking works RREEEE'

      No, it doesn't. When you have admins reporting eachother 24/7, shit admins on the team, actual physical server problems not too long, good admin applications left for weeks on end, a parallel rule system for certain admins, regular admins and the playerbase, struggling playerbase in NA hours (Though I confess this is something I would like to improve rather than an actual 'problem', as it were), a list of inactive admins longer than the ban list of 15th Humans vs Bots etc. etc. -- we're clearly not skipping through a field of dandelions. (Oh, not to mention you the very existence of this thread makes that statement void).

      Nobomin, 1st of his name, master of melee, beloved by players, misunderstood mememaster.

      Imperator of the LEGIO I Trial Admin
    • 1) Leave it alone already, pew said no several times but you still keep pushing, and before you say "hur dur skorndy porndy brought it up first", you KNOW youre using that to bring attention to it just so pew will maybe think about it again.
      2) it IS a memetest, we had a real internet test that worked perfectly fine. and before you give pew shit for "bottlnecking XDDDD" just look at how no TA can do the test without you being there, but considering youre afk 90% of the time, it is really hard to go through with it. not to mention, im not interfering, i only slay/punish people who are infront of me (knowing that whoever is taking the test missed it) because im not going to put your memetest over the stability of whatever roleplay is being played. and lets not forget that you failed putin because he 'couldnt control' the chat. he did all the roleplays very well and got through them all and you fail him for not controlling the chat, (which by the way totally contradicts your 3rd point)
      3) I never punish chat, usually i even play along with them, because you have to understand that people of NRP arent going to magically stop being 'racist", so might aswell play along. BUT when they start spamming is where it gets to disturbing roleplay, and spammers are swiftly dealt with anyway, so its just a made up problem thats there for no reason.
      4) 59th officers/COs/NCOs have admins on server so they can recruit, which is what krytenn is doing, and i think more NRP admins should be doing it too, we have to know that 59th and particularly kaide owns and PAYS for the server and we must try to get him as many recruits as we can.
      5) again trying to bring attention to your 'reforms' which are just masked ways of giving you the power of firing trial admins.
      6) yes it does, the player base is not shrinking, and it will not shrink until bannerlord beta comes out, or maybe even until it is fully released. no matter what happens NRP will always gain back its player base, just like it did after being DDoS attacked for a month in last december by a certain roleplay server *cough*. whatever problems the admin team may face is not the problem of the players and thus it is not the problem of the server. unless you have a psychopath or an attention whore on the admin team who is willing to perma ban players to look cool and be talked about, everything is okay. and last time i checked our admins arent attention whores, (i hope not at least) and those that were, were dealt with.

      In the end, there are no major problems facing the server and its population, there are only pseudo-problems that are made up by people who want there to be problems for whatever reason.
    • Shockwave wrote:

      last time i checked our admins arent attention whores
      Mostly a TA issue. They join and want to be known by the players and popular so they talk nonsense in purplechat and try to pander to them to be a "goodmin" instead of actually managing the server effectively.

      As for 59th people, I shill it in purple all the time but take issue with admins/59th members thinking they can do whatever.
      Just the other night I slayed 3 59th members-one of which was an admin-for running off alone, and they and other 59th members went on to spend several minutes insulting me/filling chat with nonsense, as well as the admin telling me it was a shitty thing to do in internal.
      Arguments were met with "I've been here a long time" or else instructions to come to ts so that they could presumably either insult me there or else try and tell me to look past their rule breaking.

      I'm not super comfortable telling people how to run the server seeing as I've only been part of the staff for 3 or so months which is very little compared to some of the people in this thread, and I'm with Shock on the fact that there is no major issue facing the server which if unaddressed will lead to its downfall, at most there are 3 kinds of other problems:

      -Non issues/here's how we can maybe improve things
      -Inter admin bickering and pointless drama
      -Minor issues within the regiment/team itself which can be easily solved through a meeting/actions by higher ups

      literalretard wrote:



      Delete this please.

      KL4R1NO the Politically Correct wrote:

      @Scandypandy, I heard that McKinsey is out recruiting its next batch of management consultants. With the way you turned NRP around, you might be in for a decent shot.
    • Ah, hello CockWave.

      1) I'm not pushing it anymore, trust me. I was addressing people who think caring about how the server is run is some kind of mortal sin and if you do care you're 100% wrong and unjustified, well, good for you -- just take a look at my justification of an example past at why I care and wanted to change things first though, if you will.

      2) Oh yes I real internet test where you can just bring up the list of RPs and cheat (I didn't scrap it, remember), real smooth thinking Shockwave. Very funny how the procedure has always been, since before I was here, that you don't interfere in admin tests full stop and yet you do -- being that frankly most people would probably agree with me in labelling you as, makes you think you can do anything. As for Putin, the point is to test an admin to see whether they can handle chat trolling, in game trolling, and running an RP at the same time. If they can handle themselves in a worst case scenario, they can cope in all, that's the reasoning behind the test, Putin failed the first of those categories.

      3) I think we actually agree more than you think on racism Shockwave, the only difference is I don't actually do any racist stuff myself.

      4) I'm not saying to get rid off them all, and of course they need to recruit. THEY ARE BREAKING THE RULES AS ADMINS. Why should they be exempt from punishment, as Kaide himself said?

      5) Nice tinfoil hat, I've tried to reason with you so many times and a lot of people have been witness to that, and yet here you are constantly lambasting me over something that isn't true. I think you're just immature.

      6) Shockwave you're part of the problem. You've managed to fall out with 3(?) admins in the last month or so alone and many more don't really like you. As for the playerbase, I just want the server to have more people, there's nothing wrong with that. Banning 1 person because they said 'nigger' is reducing the playerbase, yes the server may still fill up to 200 people but over time, after many bans, you might end up hurting it - yes, as SCANDYPANDY says, I overthink things. But that's isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's important to consider outcomes no one else will.

      All in all one of the reason I don't join regiments is because many of them are full of power tripping cunts, and there is drama left, right and centre. It's sad to see that same thing here, drama. I know what I do might rub off as being power hungry but it's really not, it all stems from good intentions whether I am wrong or right, I've been on this game since mm3 and I really don't care about 'power' anymore! The reason I came to love NRP is because it was and is such a light hearted place -- and I've seen a lot of servers come and go for various reasons that I try to address here.

      EDIT: I suspect you'll reply to this Shockwave but I won't after, so feel free to have the last say on this before this thread gets cluttered.
      Nobomin, 1st of his name, master of melee, beloved by players, misunderstood mememaster.

      Imperator of the LEGIO I Trial Admin
    • Racism in the chat is not that bad. Racism from the admins is. Shockwave said he never says racism to the public in all chat on purpose (I believe him but still disagree). Other admins (mainly TAs) do not do the same. The problem is people are banning people in public chat for something that they are doing in internal which is hypocritical and is troubling to me. This double standard plays into other things as well, such as abuse of powers (ramboing for example). That is reason of my complaint regarding racism.

      Post was edited 1 time, last by TRH_Blucher ().

    • 1) just as i suspected you used "im addressing others XD" as an excuse to talk about your stupid ideas.

      2) the internet test didnt only include questions about roleplay rules, it also included how would you act in a certain scenario.
      oh and here we go again "muh worst case scenario", do you realize that there is no worst case scenario? there is no special day on NRP where something goes terribly wrong, unless a hacker crashes the server or joins with admin pass and starts banning anyone (assuming he bypasses the whitelist), both of those scenarios are something that shouldnt be dealt with by an TA, A, OR even SA. but all of that is irrelevant since mentoring system in itself is a joke.
      my advice? stop creating myths in your head like "muh worst case scenario".

      3) Oh you dont? how convenient. except it turns out i dont do any 'racist stuff' either, have i burned a black person on a cross? no, have i said "kneegger" in global chat? yes, but according to you, if we ban everyone for saying mildly racist things, we wouldnt have server population.

      4) no one says they shouldnt be punished, i was addressing something completely else, so why are you even talking about that?

      5) Do you really think im stupid? first of all if you were just as high and mighty as you claim and wanted "good" for the server, you being able to fire TAs is not good for the server, since youre a mentor, not a judge. all this charade is purely because you want to get rid of TAs that you dont like.

      6) I cant be the part of the problem that doesnt exist, me "managing" to fall out with admins isnt my problem, if they dont like something they shouldnt whine on forums, since that just shows people who are invested in the server that admins are divided, instead they should go to pew and tell him what they dont like.
      oh, "more really dont like me"? oh noes, time to hang myself because a person thousands of kilometers away from me "doesnt like" me. What i suggest to pew and what i advise him on i do it simply because i think it is right for the server, and if pew says "no" im going to stop, cause whether you like it or not, he is the head admin, and his word matters most (not counting kaide and tim), and i have enough understanding to know when to stop and accept a "no", unlike "some people".
      And who even mentioned banning people for saying nigger? you just magically forged that sentence for no reason to fit your narrative. i was talking about admin team problems, not banning people.
      "I overthink things. But that's isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's important to consider outcomes no one else will." youre right, but youre so forward thinking and far reaching that you dont even see whats close to you, so you end up stepping in shit.

      "All in all one of the reason I don't join regiments is because many of them are full of power tripping cunts" the irony, OH the irony.
      "it all stems from good intentions whether I am wrong or right," there you go again, climbing that high white horse of yours. and now now, i know that i claim that what i do is for good aswell, but i stop when the Head admin says he disagrees, but youre so convinced in your ideas that youre willing to PUSH and PUSH them in the head admins face and you dont realize when "its time to stop".
      So this brings me to 1 logical conclusion, that youre blinded by your ideas.
      OR
      OR
      OR
      it can just be that you just want to have more powers that youre playing this game of emotions to trick people into thinking you want good.




      P.S.
      You didnt respond to how you yourself are a bottleneck to your meme-tests, and thus youre a bottleneck to trial admins becoming admins, which leads them to think that there is no way for them to go forward and then they leave.
    • TRH_Blucher wrote:

      Racism in the chat is not that bad. Racism from the admins is. Shockwave said he never says racism to the public in all chat on purpose (I believe him but still disagree). Other admins (mainly TAs) do not do the same. The problem is people are banning people in public chat for something that they are doing in internal which is hypocritical and is troubling to me. This double standard plays into other things as well, such as abuse of powers (ramboing for example). That is reason of my complaint regarding racism.
      i agree, people who say racist things in internal and then go about banning others for the same thing in global are fucking hypocrites.
      But i do say some things in global that can be considered 'racist' like for example 'kneeggers' or 'coons' but the fact of the matter is, i dont ban anyone for racism either, unless they spamming, which is the issue of enforcing spam rule and not racism rule.
    • The grey area for the racism rule seems to be a combination of both the community changing and differing admin opinions.
      TAs are often introduced to "no racism full stop" and then witness other admins handling it differently.

      The most common interpretation of the rule seems to be:

      1) Anyone spamming slurs gets either warned/kicked and then temp-banned
      2) Casual/passive racist "banter" such as making jokes about muslim refugees, USA Riots and all that guff treads a line between players mucking about and hate speech, with the latter being stopped when it gets out of hand/dominates the chat. Before it gets out of hand, it's usually left alone.
      3) Generally, using the word "nigger" is forbidden moreso than any other slur, with things like "fag" or "retard" as Kaide said being regularly ignored unless overused, oven when they overlap into spam/harassment rules.

      I personally believe that it's because saying "nigger" in chat is a gateway to chat quickly devolving into a typhoon of absolute cancer, and while this doesn't happen 100% of the time it's extremely common for this to be the case-usual because once admins let it get said too often chat adopts it being okay as a newly accepted rule, and will lash out at any admin who enforces the no slurs rule.

      I agree partially with Shock and Presidente on the fact that the community has reached a point that clamping down extra hard on PC-rules will be a shock to the playerbase, not because they're all a bunch of bigots but because the laid-back chat on NRP is one thing that keeps some players coming back. I try to keep a cap on slurs in the public chat, and while I don't see much of an issue with internal chat cancer I think TAs need introduced to an ironclad blanket rule or they will go through the training process with a mindset which will harm the community and the image of the admin team.

      literalretard wrote:



      Delete this please.

      KL4R1NO the Politically Correct wrote:

      @Scandypandy, I heard that McKinsey is out recruiting its next batch of management consultants. With the way you turned NRP around, you might be in for a decent shot.
    • I disagree with a hierarchy, the only ever regiment I have ever stuck to (TRH) has 2 ranks, and we have no problems.

      We should have some set rules but they should not be to restrictive. The problem with people "taking it to seriously" is it is just ploy to get a higher rank. Following the rules should not be considered a serious attitude just the right one.