NWRP ADMIN APPLICATION

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More details

• NWRP ADMIN APPLICATION

Your In-Game Name: Dominick_Mortier

Steam Name and Steam URL: [2ndHan] Dominick Mortier steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198144988716/

Timezone and Country: EST. United States of America

How good is your English? : My English is very well besides when my keyboard screws up

How many hours have you played Mount and Blade: 498 hours

How long have you been playing on the server? : Ive been playing on this server for 4 months, as often as i can

Are you in the Official NW Roleplay Community group on Steam?: Yes i have been for a few weeks and i will invite my friends to it.

Why do you want to be an admin? What makes you differ from other Applicants? I want to create a fun non hostile environment for all players on NWRP. I would differ from other applicants in ways like enforcing the rules the way they should be, Ive seen many admins on that dont enforce rules, or they abuse there power.

Do you have any past experience as an admin?: Yes i was an admin of both 9e official and main, Mainly for recruiting purposes but i helped with events and so on. I have also helped admin my current regiments events on Saturday nights.

Is there anyone that can vouch for you? We need the name and the Steam URL or the vouch wont be taken as valid: Yes MrWhaleFish (steamcommunity.com/id/cavsurf/)

Please explain the rules for players that go in any Roleplay, please state them clearly and do not copy them:
      1. Listen to admins and follow the rules of each roleplay
      2. No Ramboing,depends on roleplay. When rambo isnt allowed you should always follow your officer (he should have beacon), unless you are an artillerist
      3. No Surrender-Killing. Always wait for admin,or officers command for killing a prisoner, you can only kill if they have a weapon on them.
      4. No delaying (no running around like a fool away from combat)
      5. No build point wasting or TNT spam (use Build Points to protect important things like arty)
      6. No teamhitting. No need to intentionally wound team mates, slay may be a consequence
      7. No cheating, hacking or modding, (Dont mess with peoples fun on the server by doing this)
      8. No trolling (ex. Standing in front of artillery when its shooting)
      9. No insulting names (ex. Gas_the_jews) Names like Barack_Obama, Joseph_Stalin are allowed

Please explain the guidelines for admins that you should follow in any Roleplay, please state them clearly and do not copy them:
      1.Trolling of any kind is not tolerated on the server as will result in a Kick or Ban.
      2. TA'S are only Allowed to kick or temp ban Perm Ban is only allowed for Higher Admin's.
      3. You Must Notify the steam group When you Perm ban someone so it can be logged.
      4. On your Steam Profile you should give people links to the steam group and website so they can enjoy playing on the server.
      5. Unless the RP says you Can't then Musician Killing will be allowed.
      6. Unless a Higher Admin Says or you are playing "defend the church" then you can kill surrendering enemy's at your own Will.
      7. RP's must be switched every 3-4 rounds if you can, to prevent any upset after all the community that plays comes first.
      8. Historical names such as Adolf_Hitler and Vladimir_Putin are allowed but names that will offend people arent such as kill_the_jews.
      9. Only 1 recruitment message per map for regiments other the 59th keep short and simple

Create a list of role plays with each of their separate rules in an organised, easy to read structure. If it is in a paragraph, it will not be taken:
      Battle Roleplay Rules
      1.) No rambo (Stay with your units officer if only one get in another line)
      2.) No surrender killing, all surrenders must drop all weapons. execution must be done in firing squad
      3.) Always follow class officer, cavalry follow general

Line Battle Roleplay Rules
      1.) No rambo (Stay with class officer if last one alive in unit find another line)
      2.) Follow class orders and his teamchat orders
      3.) No crouching (only skirmishers and light infantry are allowed to crouch) Line infantry crouching is punishable
      4.) Surrender killing is allowed in this roleplay

Naval Roleplay Rules
      1.) Both teams must go naval crew class (No Grenadiers)
      2.) Arty can be enabled and disabled by admin
      3.) Dont troll ship (dont sail off by yourself let everyone get in)
      4.) Do not sail until everyone is on ship or boat

Assassination Roleplay
      1.) All Russians must go partizani
      2.) Defenders team must protect general, if he falls defenders lose
      3.) Attackers must find and kill enemy general to win
      4.) both teams can take sappers. Defending team get a lot of build points
      5.) Balance should be 1:3 ratio

Storm the Palace Roleplay Rules
      1.) All Russians must go partizani only
      2.) Defenders must defend the house, they can use engineers to build barricades
      3.) Attackers must kill the enemy and take the house
      4.) Balance should be 1:3

Cavalry Versus Infantry Roleplay
      1.) One team goes Cavalry while the other team goes infantry
      2.) Cavalry lines up at spawn until ordered to charge
      3.) Infantry must form a square

Stalingrad Roleplay
      1.) Russians-Soviet Army Prussians-Nazi Germany
      2.) Sappers must dig a lot of barricades, they can also use TNT to blow up the enemy
      3.) No TNT spam
      4.) Every 3 rounds there will be a red day. Red day is when shooting is forbidden, melee only. If shooting consequences may follow

Western Roleplay
      1.) Everyone must select any officer class (admins set officer limit to 99)
      2.) Map must be Spanish Village
      3.) Cavalry must be available at 10%

Your User ID:1473855

Post was edited 6 times, last by Dominick Mortier ().

• Dominick Mortier wrote:

2. No Ramboing, you should always follow your officer (he should have beacon), unless you are an artillerist
      Ramboing rules do not apply to all RPs. Think Helms Deep or Assassination.

Dominick Mortier wrote:

5. Unless the RP says you Can't then Musician Killing will be allowed.
      6. Unless a Higher Admin Says or you are playing "defend the church" then you can kill surrendering enemy's at your own Will.
      I'm not sure if you're copying and pasting from some archaic list but these are very irrelevant.

Dominick Mortier wrote:

8. The Size of the map will decide the time on the map since a small map may take 18 mins where as a large map may take up to 40mins so try to Vary.
      Uh... when was the last time a round on NRP was put to 40 minutes ? Or even 18 of that matter. Rounds are much shorter than both those figures, dependent on the RP.

Dominick Mortier wrote:

Line Battle Roleplay Rules
      1.) No rambo (Stay with class officer if last one alive in unit find another line)
      2.) Follow class orders and his teamchat orders
      3.) No crouching (only skirmishers and light infantry are allowed to crouch) Line infantry crouching is punishable
      Surrender killing is allowed in LB RP.

Dominick Mortier wrote:

Naval Roleplay Rules
      1.) Both teams must go naval crew class
      2.) Arty can be enabled and disabled by admin
      3.) Dont troll ship (dont sail off by yourself let everyone get in)
      4.) Do not sail until everyone is on ship or boat
      Remember no grenadiers or there will be a lot of tears.

Dominick Mortier wrote:

Assassination Roleplay
      1.) All Russians must go partizani
      2.) Defenders team must protect general, if he falls defenders lose
      3.) Attackers must find and kill enemy general to win
      4.) both teams can take sappers. Defending team gets 1000 build points attackers can only get 20
      5.) Balance should be 1:3 ratio
      1000 BP is far too many, and the attackers can't have any BP if they're all partizani can they.

Dominick Mortier wrote:

Cavalry Versus Infantry Roleplay
      1.) One team goes Cavalry while the other team goes infantry
      2.) No sappers
      3.) Cavalry lines up at spawn until ordered to charge
      4.) Infantry must form a square
      No sappers isn't really a thing. Cav vs Inf RP is very hard to balance, and there are several ways to improvise. The new ratio scripts are one way of doing this.

Dominick Mortier wrote:

Volley Roleplay
      1.) Follow class officer
      2.) Massive 100 vs 100 "line battle"
      3.) Do not fire without admins orders
      4.) Listen to admin chat or face slay
      Thank god this RP died years ago!

Overall the format is acceptable and there are a few mistakes here and there, which can be sorted out under the mentoring system, nothing you posted is too catastrophic in my opinion. You last applied/were rejected (I can't remember) on the 24th, so applying again clearly means you have some interest. When the logs are available at midnight (2 hours) I'll post an activity check.
      Nobomin, 1st of his name, master of melee, beloved by players, misunderstood mememaster.

Imperator of the LEGIO I Trial Admin
    • Activity Check

Show Spoiler

05/10/2016 - No activity
      06/10/2016 - No activity
      07/10/2016 - No activity
      08/10/2016 - 18 minutes
      09/10/2016 - No activity
      10/10/2016 - No activity
      11/10/2016 - 35 minutes

On top of this Fringo hasn't actually vouched for you, but WhaleFish did.
      Nobomin, 1st of his name, master of melee, beloved by players, misunderstood mememaster.

• I can vouch for him gentlemen, I've served with him in 2 different regiments and he definitely does a outstanding job at what he's assigned to do, on top of that he has initiative, most admins lack that and or just don't care as long as they themselves are having fun , no one else matters. I can personally say that Dom is not like that.
    • I'm afraid I've decided to reject your application.

The application itself isn't awful but you simply aren't active enough on the server to be an admin, whether you are a committed individual in real life or not - it doesn't matter, you simply don't have the hours. You are, of course, free to apply again in 3-4 weeks, but you really need to work on your activity.

It's just a lot of hassle accepting admins who disappear after a week getting bored of the server.